Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team America - World Police

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Millicent wrote: »
    It's not at all real neutrality--I was just teasing. :)

Tbh, Overheal, I don't think it's any country's right to "invade" another for human rights abuses. There are international sanctions and bodies set up to deal with such cases (toothless as they seem to be, though). The answer is strengthening those institutions and international laws, not riding to the rescue of every country with human rights issues.

Exactly. Of course part of the issue I have with the US as world police is that they are on the take - otherwise how to explain that they so vocally and militarily concerned about human rights abuses in some countries but do seem not even slightly interested in human rights abuses in other countries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Exactly. Of course part of the issue I have with the US as world police is that they are on the take - otherwise how to explain that they so vocally and militarily concerned about human rights abuses in some countries but do seem not even slightly interested in human rights abuses in other countries?

It will be interesting if they ever decide to say fcuk ye all, and become insular. There's a disaster. 'Bring out the Yanks'. No one seems to have a problem with them then.:rolleyes:

Freddie59 wrote: »
    It will be interesting if they ever decide to say fcuk ye all, and become insular. There's a disaster. 'Bring out the Yanks'. No one seems to have a problem with them then.:rolleyes:

What? You mean officially re-adopt a policy of Non-Intervention? :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_non-interventionism

Interestingly, non-intervention goes out the window when US 'national interests' are deemed to be under threat. But that's ok - because then American Exceptionalism comes into play. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism

The sheers begrudgery by some posters towards the USA defies belief at times.
    Are they perfect? Far from it. Would I choose them ahead of scumbags like Ahmedinejad, Castro, and Chavez? Anytime.

A country which has gone out on a limb for the rest of us when it didn't have to, and yet the Fidel/Victor/Ahmedinejad cheerleaders almost wish them to bend the knee to these cnuts.

It actually defies belief really.

You could say that about ANY police force. In ANY country. Selectivity is the name of the game. I'm sure you, as I do, prioritise your own life and resources.

As does the blinkers worn by apologists for the US.

Apologist? No. Just one who appreciates the monumental effort they put in. Day in and day out. The ones with the blinkers are those who wish to see them bend the knee, or even be defeated. Woe betide us all if that should ever happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

The sheers begrudgery by some posters towards the USA defies belief at times.
    Are they perfect? Far from it. Would I choose them ahead of scumbags like Ahmedinejad, Castro, and Chavez? Anytime.

A country which has gone out on a limb for the rest of us when it didn't have to, and yet the Fidel/Victor/Ahmedinejad cheerleaders almost wish them to bend the knee to these cnuts.

I love how chavez just gets chucked in with the other two... How dare he defy the us economic wants.. He must be a terrist..

Apologist? No. Just one who appreciates the monumental effort they put in. Day in and day out. The ones with the blinkers are those who wish to see them bend the knee, or even be defeated. Woe betide us all if that should ever happen.

You watch too much fox fake irish poster.

• Advertisement

RichieC wrote: »

The truth hurts Richie, dunnit?:)

PS I have seen Fox on two occasions only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Sorry now, but you seem to be stuck in some kind of Hollywood-esque rose-tinted alternative universe circa 1950 that see's U.S. foreign policy as some sort of totalitarian-bashing righteous crusade to make the world a better place.
    Things have changed i'm afraid.

ed2hands wrote: »
    Sorry now, but you seem to be stuck in some kind of Hollywood-esque rose-tinted alternative universe circa 1950 that see's U.S. foreign policy as some sort of totalitarian-bashing righteous crusade to make the world a better place.
    Things have changed i'm afraid.

Equally, others appear to be stuck in some kind of Neville Chamberlain 1938 appeasement utopia - with blinkers on. Things have indeed changed. Good thing the Yanks are keeping their wits about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Amazing how the US Empire can be praised but the big bad Brits are open to a grilling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Equally, others appear to be stuck in some kind of Neville Chamberlain 1938 appeasement utopia - with blinkers on. Things have indeed changed. Good thing the Yanks are keeping their wits about them.
    Good thing indeed, without them we would probably be paying about 50c less on oil. Oh yeah the main reason they are quashing these human rights defilers is for OIL, oh and the rich amounts of opium in afganistan for their medication addicted nation (the rich ones not the poor ones)

Equally, others appear to be stuck in some kind of Neville Chamberlain 1938 appeasement utopia - with blinkers on. [/B]

I know - the western powers just keep appeasing the US, backing them in un-UN sanctioned invasions of countries (who were former allies but stopped doing as they were 'advise' to) based on false evidence. Will someone ever stop this rogue nation which believes the rules don't apply to them and gunboat diplomacy is the way to spread democracy. :p

• Advertisement

The truth hurts Richie, dunnit?:)

PS I have seen Fox on two occasions only.

If you think that you mc carty style blinkered views are the truth or hurt me in any way youre living in fantasy land. Which may explain all the "bend the knee" bollocks you keep barfing up.

If you think that you mc carty style blinkered views are the truth or hurt me in any way youre living in fantasy land. Which may explain all the "bend the knee" bollocks you keep barfing up.

It's the reality Richie. Ahmedinejad et al want one thing. World domination, with Islam at its centre. They don't care how long it takes. They hold the long view.

The Yanks, as I said, aren't perfect. Far from it. But I will take THEIR culture and values ahead of the seemingly endless pack of cnuts hellbent on toppling them, and the West.

If that happens, we won't be having a discussion like this. I don't see a board.ir operating over there.

I know - the western powers just keep appeasing the US, backing them in un-UN sanctioned invasions of countries (who were former allies but stopped doing as they were 'advise' to) based on false evidence. Will someone ever stop this rogue nation which believes the rules don't apply to them and gunboat diplomacy is the way to spread democracy. :p

Let's see. "Appease" the US.:D Seriously? FFS!:rolleyes:

It's the reality Richie. Ahmedinejad et al want one thing. World domination, with Islam at its centre. They don't care how long it takes. They hold the long view.

The Yanks, as I said, aren't perfect. Far from it. But I will take THEIR culture and values ahead of the seemingly endless pack of cnuts hellbent on toppling them, and the West.

If that happens, we won't be having a discussion like this. I don't see a board.ir operating over there.
    erm, where the hell are you getting your information?

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Amazing how the US Empire can be praised but the big bad Brits are open to a grilling.

Because the Brits are cnuts. And the Yanks didn't occupy Ireland (with some Brits still squatting in the six counties) for 800 years. That's how.

• Advertisement

Your hyperbole isnt even worth the time to argue with tbf. Theres only one country in this equation provably after global domination. stick to lolmuhammed posting. Its more your capacity.

Your hyperbole isnt even worth the time to argue with tbf. Theres only one country in this equation provably after global domination. stick to lolmuhammed posting. Its more your capacity.

As I said Richie, the truth hurts. Even for the anti-US cheerleaders.;)

Because the Brits are cnuts. And the Yanks didn't occupy Ireland (with some Brits still squatting in the six counties) for 800 years. That's how.

Hahahaha.... As long as its not us underp der fert de derp.

They occupy Dixie and get involved in war after war. Shame you don't want to acknowledge that.

They occupy Dixie and get involved in war after war. Shame you don't want to acknowledge that.

Sweet Jesus. Dixie.:rolleyes: I thought that website of yours was a windup TBH. Sure they bailed your lot out in WW2. What was it Fatboy Churchill said when Pearl Harbour was attacked? 'Break out the champagne - we've just won the war'. Didn't seem to have too much of a problem with them then, did ye?

Youre a poor parody of the stance you supposidley espousr, fred. Not a hint of irony calling the brits cnuts...

Youre a poor parody of the stance you supposidley espousr, fred. Not a hint of irony calling the brits cnuts...

Yawn.:D

Sweet Jesus. Dixie.:rolleyes: I thought that website of yours was a windup TBH. Sure they bailed your lot out in WW2. What was it Fatboy Churchill said when Pearl Harbour was attacked? 'Break out the champagne - we've just won the war'. Didn't seem to have too much of a problem with them then, did ye?
    There was me thinking it was a big effort by the Allies. Look up the history of World War Two and Allies. It was a war effort by many different countries.

And yes, it is occupation.

There was me thinking it was a big effort by the Allies. Look up the history of World War Two and Allies. It was a war effort by many different countries.

And yes, it is occupation.

Of course it was.:rolleyes: That's why Churchill ordered the champagne. They were fcuked. Well and truly. Thankfully the Yanks stepped in and showed them how it's done. "Great" Britain my hole.

The one thing Montgomery was left to do (Operation Market Garden) he fcuked it up. I think YOU need to read up a bit more really.

Of course it was.:rolleyes: That's why Churchill ordered the champagne. They were fcuked. Well and truly. Thankfully the Yanks stepped in and showed them how it's done. "Great" Britain my hole.

The one thing Montgomery was left to do (Operation Market Garden) he fcuked it up. I think YOU need to read up a bit more really.
    Yeah, just ignore his campaign in Africa and Italy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_El_Alamein

• Advertisement

Also Russia just sat in the snow with their thumbs up their asses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

YOU need to read up a bit more really.

I wouldn't be so quick to be a smart ass, without mentioning the Soviet contribution to WW2. Without it, WW2 simply could not have been won by the Allies. By comparison, the Americans sacrificed sweet FA.

Although, it looks, by all accounts, like they are making up for the fact they were late for the last two world wars, by being really punctual this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

take it and shove it down everyone's throats? well that is the american way ...

and please there is no need for calling people cnuts, that is offensive to women, and here in <location snip> we respect women, not have them strip on poles for money ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

davoxx wrote: »
    take it and shove it down everyone's throats? well that is the american way ...

and please there is no need for calling people cnuts, that is offensive to women, and here in <location snip> we respect women, not have them strip on poles for money ...

Yes if there's one thing the west could learn from the middle east it's how to treat women.

Yes if there's one thing the west could learn from the middle east it's how to treat women.

Really? Because Ireland was such a paradise for women we could have given Saudi Arabia a few pointers- Magdalene laundries for the bold girls, rape in marriage - not a crime for a man had 'rights' , all property in the husband's name so be 'good' or be homeless and forget about taking the children with you. Equal pay for equal work? - don't be ridiculous. But then that bastion of women's right's the US said...feck all actually. The EU made Ireland legislate for women's rights.

Advertisement