Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas & Kaldi cafe, Ongar temporarily closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Yes, it's definitely open! Great to have a coffee shop back. Am going there today to show some support. Hopefully it will be a big success.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Will be away for a few weeks so will be interested to hear some of your reviews before I try it out myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Went to go here yesterday for my lunch but spotted the same (rude) staff and everything looked the same as before which I didn't like so I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Same staff, same menu - just a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Just back from a couple of hours there with a friend. Good coffee, good ambience and layout. Nice enough experience all together. Great to be able to walk to a coffee shop from where I live - marginally nearer than the venues in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. Hope it goes well for them.

PS - only visited D&K once before when it was open and had a similar experience then too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

yeah, been there too in the last couple of days - same old same old really, including that notorious rude old wan..disappointed to see her again but the food and other staff were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

I'm not sure why a few people have said it's the same staff. Most of the staff are new - there's only one previous staff member working there now (the woman Ongarboy referred to). The new management are a couple from Cavan and they are around every day working there themselves. The menu is pretty much the same as the D&K menu. It seems to be ticking over every time I pass it, so fingers crossed it is going well because it's in all of our interests to have a local cafe, even if it's not to everyone's tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I have to say I was going in there for years and I never had a problem with the staff.

Advertisement