Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting on the sfp ladder....

• 23-01-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do in order to be in position to get whatever farm payments are available to me once the SFP changes come into place.
    My situation is that I bought a few acres a few years ago (Initially let it out) and got a herd number and bought some cattle last year. There are currently no entitlements associated with the land.

- I've spoken with the SFP section of the dept of agriculture and the National reserve section. The indication from the National reserve section is that I should apply to them for 2012 and this will solve my problem (From looking at the details of the qualification criteria, I don't think I am eligible however...)
    - I've had a quick chat with somebody in teagasc, but didn't get any usefull information . They did give me the form to sign up with them as a client however and maybe I should bite the bullet, pay my money and let them sort it for me...

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

cloudroost wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out what I need to do in order to be in position to get whatever farm payments are available to me once the SFP changes come into place.
    My situation is that I bought a few acres a few years ago (Initially let it out) and got a herd number and bought some cattle last year. There are currently no entitlements associated with the land.

- I've spoken with the SFP section of the dept of agriculture and the National reserve section. The indication from the National reserve section is that I should apply to them for 2012 and this will solve my problem (From looking at the details of the qualification criteria, I don't think I am eligible however...)
    - I've had a quick chat with somebody in teagasc, but didn't get any usefull information . They did give me the form to sign up with them as a client however and maybe I should bite the bullet, pay my money and let them sort it for me...

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Apply to the reserve, you might get something. If not, then its nothing major lost. Keep your land stocked and paperwork up to date. Apply for disadvantaged area payments for 2012. You may have to wait till the new payment system comes into place in 2014 (15?), but this new payment could be partly based on your previous stocking level.

I know its not easy, but its a waiting game. I hope the price of cattle stays high in order to compensate you!

You becoming a client of Teagasc is not going to increase your chances of getting extra money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cloudroost

Thanks for the feedback Reilig - I'll try the reserve and see how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

You need to consider gettting the green cert. it can be done locally or online. Start soon and be qualified by 2014. it's essential for qualification for farm schemes for young farmers, top-ups, etc.
    Other than that, the best advice is to farm away and let CAP reform tsake care of itself for now. By all means apply for entitlements, you would get around€5k worth max if successful. If you have started the green cert it might help ytour case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

You need to consider gettting the green cert. it can be done locally or online.
    Doesn't the online course entail two days a week for 16 weeks or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

How do you get a Green cert?

• Advertisement
Advertisement