Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you tip your pet's groomer?

• 23-01-2012 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

I've never done it and the groomer of my dog does a nice job every time, should I? and how much?

Do you tip your pet's groomer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I usually do my two myself, but due to an injury the last couple of times they have been groomed. I wouldn't tip, but at Christmas she did a lovely job so I dropped in a small box of homemade mince pies. She was delighted.
    Think times like Christmas are an exception, wouldn't "tip" as such, you are paying for a service(sometimes quite a lot) and expect a good job.
    I suppose I am slightly different as I don't go to groomer regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

My westie gets groomed at a local school for dog groomers FOC and I always bring a box of biscuits or sweets.

When she goes to the local groomer who does a far better job I tip €5 on top of her reasonable charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

that's what i thought,the times are tough and the service is around 50quid - i know, i don't have to bring him to the professional but i do,he twirls around alot when i am brushing him so i can't imagine fiddling the scissors around his eyes and stuff...

but i thought of asking because of some people tipping their hairdressers,i don't personally,but some do...

I'm off to collect him and probably wont tip,but thought of asking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

I dont tip as usually dog groomers run their own business. I pay the agreed fee and expect a job well done. I've always been happy and do praise the groomer on how good she is . at xmas would get a little present (bottle of wine) but thats it. by tipping it could drive prices up cos grromers would know you're willing to pay more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Mine cost €65 for my cocker every 6-8 weeks... i give her €70... so €5 tip :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I usually give an extra €5, as they are so good with my dog, he loves going there. He went a couple of weeks ago for a bit of a trim and it was free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

I don't. Same reason I don't tip a hairdresser. I pay enough for the service.
    If I always went to the same place I'd build up some rapport so id get em some wine or that at xmas . But no, I hate the tipping culture. I'll tip a waiter at a restaurant but even then I hate the expectation of it in some places. The service charge is built into the price already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

My westie is only €30 so I must be getting a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

It was 49 with fleeing and worming,once again she did Fabulous job,she always does.

I like the idea of a bottle of wine or cookies for Xmas. With the Festive Season far away I might just tip few bob next time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Nope, and I don't tip anyone. Would like to but never had the extra few quid.
    The only way I can show appreciation, if I'm happy with the service, is to just come back as a repeat customer and recommend them to others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement