Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying a song

Options
  • 23-01-2012 12:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33

Hi all,

This is wrecking my head. This song was in a Guinness commercial around 1995/1996. I had always assumed it was "Ash", but turns out it wasn't.

Melody attached!

Thanks! :p

Edit: Zip file is NOT a virus - couldn't attach an audio file so had to zip it up! I recorded the melody on my iPhone a few mins ago.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't say I recognise it, the file is safe though in case anyone is worried :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sounds like this!

Also here's a playlist of 50 Guinness ads. If you spot the ad check the details/comments. The name of the song might be there.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=C28542D96777D58C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I think it is Ash's Uncle Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

edit - wrong.

Tried it on shazam but didn't recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

don't have time to listen to it now - but pretty sure there was a Scottish Rock band in a Guiness ad a number of years ago and that song was all they really had going for them

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Lorax

Nea wrote: »
    I think it is Ash's Uncle Pat

Yep - that's the one - thanks!

So it was Ash - was this song used in a Guinness commercial, or is that the part I got mixed up with? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I think it was a Heineken ad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Lorax

Nea wrote: »
    I think it was a Heineken ad

aaaaaaaaaah - no wonder Google had no matches for Guinness & Ash. Don't even like the song - it was just one of those things I randomly decided to look up, and couldn't find it, so it became a temporary obsession!

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Question answered in less than 90 minutes. Well done folks :).

Advertisement