Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Extension rough cost

Options
  • 23-01-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for a rough cost here - I'm looking to extend the kitchen 6-8 months down the line and with the help of a rough cost I'd like to try and save the money rather than borrow if possible, any help and recommendation from people who have done a similar job apprecaited!

We have a timber frame house with a driveway that goes up the side of the house. I'd like to extend out the side of the house into the driveway, knock through the existing side wall and end up with a nice big kitchen.

The size of the extension would be roughly 18ft x 7ft, we'd need the works, one window on the front, gas boiler moved, electrics, plumbing and anything else I might be missing!

Anyone know the limit on floor space before PP is required? Would bgreat if we didn't need to apply for it.

Cheers,

Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

revileandy wrote: »
    Anyone know the limit on floor space before PP is required? Would bgreat if we didn't need to apply for it.
    You will need permission once you are extending to the side of the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

muffler wrote: »
    You will need permission once you are extending to the side of the house.
    correct. You would be better adviced to get drawings done and your planning confirmed . Once you have a set of drawings it can be priced and when planning is recieved can commence.

Advertisement