Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom VAT

Options
  • 23-01-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I got my phone bill from Eircom and noticed they charged VAT at 23% on the full bill although much of the service was provided in Nov and Dec before the VAT increase. Does anyone know if this is the correct application of VAT ? I would have through pre Jan 1 2012 should have been at 21%.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

VAT is applied at the current rate at the date of issuing of the bill, not when the services are used. Check what the bill date is, as there is an issue with eircom incorrectly applying the 23% VAT to bills issued on December 31st. If the bill date is 1 January or later, then 23% is applied to the whole bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

Thanks for the quick reply, the bill is dated Jan 19th so I guess all is in order.

Thanks again.

Advertisement