Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable connection to wireless router

Options
  • 23-01-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

I have cat5e running throughout my house, all cabling is returned to utility room. Im getting broadband in next week.

I have a wireless router in utility where broadband will be connected to. I have an office upstairs where PC is, and want to connect the available port on the wireless router to one of the cat5 that is coming from the office. I have a switch & patch panel which I will setup in the future when i have the time, but for now I need to know how best to terminate the single cat5. Can I put a RJ45 connector on it and plug it directly into the router or will i need to put a RJ45 wall jack on it and use a seperate cable to connect from it to the router.

All the cabling in the office has been terminated (RJ45 jacks )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I think either way should work.

Advertisement