Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campsite in Carlow (tents)

Options
  • 23-01-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I was wondering if there are any campsites in Carlow?
    We were hoping to visit for the Pan Celtic festival, but can't find any links or info on campsites.
    Any help much appreciated.
    Terry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

The only Campsite in Co. Carlow is the Ravens Rest or Ravens Nest near Hacketstown a nice trek from Carlow town. I am not sure it this is accredited yet.

There is the Forest Farm in Athy which would probably be nearer to Carlow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Matt, I will contact one of the main driving forces behind the Pan Celtic and see what she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Cheers for the replies. The festival organisers have been very helpful ( they did have on their literature that there was a campsite, until I rang them and tried to book it.) Hopefully we can camp, our budget is limited and we were really looking forward to this.

Cheers MAtt Le Tissue aka Terry

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I know from various fleadhs that some local sports clubs use their grounds and make money for themselves,haven't heard of any places doing that at the moment,but have a few qs out.
    Would it have to be in Carlow town?

Ideally yes, but in and around would suit too probably.

• Advertisement

lucylu wrote: »
    The only Campsite in Co. Carlow is the Ravens Rest or Ravens Nest near Hacketstown a nice trek from Carlow town. I am not sure it this is accredited yet.

There is the Forest Farm in Athy which would probably be nearer to Carlow.

How far out is Hacketstown and would you have any contact details?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 fuzzyhead

how many of you would be looking to camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

either 2 or 3 of us were planning on camping and it looks like just 2 of us at the moment

lucylu wrote: »

Cheers for that, but it's a bit far to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

hacketstown is about 20 miles out.... your better off finding out if the event organisers have got a designated campsite organised.... chances are they will find a local farmer and rent a field nearby for the weekend.

OR you could try contacting Robbie Archibold, he has an old hostel (now closed for refurbishments) on the kilkenny road opposite the College, but ive seen tents up a few times in the grounds of the hostel so he might let ye camp there.
    his number is <snip>

At the moment there are no plans for a campsite for the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

tommycahir that number i posted was his business number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

tommycahir that number i posted was his business number
    Apologies for snipping it so, just we have to be careful posting phone numbers on public forums. Please repost as needed.

Advertisement