Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition

Options
  • 23-01-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I would love to be a nutritionist, but I have not done science since I was 14 which is many many years ago!
    I'm just wondering does anyone know what are the subjects I really would need to study before committing myself to a degree course, if need be.

I just dread feeling lost in the course not being able to understand the science part of it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have you looked at the course subjects in the prospectus?

I'd imagine Chemistry and Biology at leaving cert level would be of an advantage. I'd recommend a pre-university science course or access course before applying for the degree. Chemistry can be difficult to get your head around if you have not studied it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pppink

maryjoe wrote: »
    I would love to be a nutritionist, but I have not done science since I was 14 which is many many years ago!
    I'm just wondering does anyone know what are the subjects I really would need to study before committing myself to a degree course, if need be.

I just dread feeling lost in the course not being able to understand the science part of it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    im in the same predicament :( want to study nutrition SO BAD but find the sciency stuff so hard to memorise. was planning on studying leaving cert chemistry and giving that a go but i find it impossible, maths is my weakest subject as it is!! but still trying the biology (again!) ....there is still alot of chemistry on most nutrition courses tho!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

To me chemistry is the most boring, horrible, random subject on the face of the earth, especially organic chemistry. Yuck!

Advertisement