Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undeliverable post items in Limerick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Anybody from Limerick on here and waiting on a promised Nazi-era cigarette case and compass?

I think odds are good that this :
    Adrian Gordon, the centre’s operations manager, has admittedly seen “everything and anything” pass through their doors, but he was unprepared for the two latest finds - a cigarette case used by the SS, as well as a military compass bearing a swastika symbol.

could very well be a reproduction. I say that because of the volume of SS fakes out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Morlar wrote: »
    I say that because of the volume of SS fakes out there.

Sadly, very true. Have to hold my hand up and admit I got stung a few years ago on one of these pieces of crap. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Fr.Jack

You need a lot of experience,money and common sense to collect anything to do with the SS. That,s why I stay away from them as I have none of the above.

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Fr.Jack wrote: »
    You need a lot of experience,money and common sense to collect anything to do with the SS. That,s why I stay away from them as I have none of the above.

Martin

I agree. I think SS Polizei is a slightly different ballgame in terms of both items and volume of fakes, I also find that area a lot more interesting historically.

Here is one of the first pieces I ever bought, can't remember the price.

I posted it on WAF at one point and opinions were split.

Possibly a fantasy piece but I think it's human nature to hold out a small hope it still could be real. I think it's part of human nature to want to think that you were not ripped off when in fact you probably were :)

Medals49.jpg

Medals50.jpg

Advertisement