Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing R63 Bulbs with GU10.

Options
  • 23-01-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi..

Has anyone successfully replaced R63 downlights with their equivalent GU10.

I'm look at replacing approx 30-40 of these throughout the house and am not looking forward to it..!!

First off I'm not overly concerned with going down the LED route as of yet (as the prices of LED GU10s are still quiet high) and replacing 60W R63's with 50W halogens is still a saving in electricity (albeit small).

Once I have changed to a GUI10 fitting, I can overtime begin to replace the halogens with LEDs etc.

I have seen some converter kits - the thing I don't like is that a lot of these "kits" are designed to work with R80s along with R63s and as such have a very large diameter of 150mm (as opposed to the 100mm of the normal R63).
    This makes the replacement look like a flying saucer..!

Does anyone know if there are direct R63 -> GU10 direct fitting replacement that looks OK...?

Thanks - Anthony.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

nfh9nq.jpg
    opz8y9.jpg

Cant remember what brand, but these are nearly 110mm in diameter so would do you. Eurosales do them

• Registered Users Posts: 31 suaimhneas_de

Thanks - appreciate this...

Advertisement