Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog ate some pink pellets found in park

• 23-01-2012 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hoping someone might be able to help me, my dog ate some of these pink stick like things that someone had left down. Asked the gardener in the park, he said it was probably some type of feed (possibly for birds or squirrels) and not to worry, but i'm worried they might be something sinister....We are just back from long walk, dog drank a lot and is now lying down which is not out of the ordinary after a long walk but I would love to know what it is. Gardener called the ranger and he confirmed they had not put anything down, i'm going out of my mind thinking some nut job put poison down. Gardener took some up and said he would call if they were anything dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Pink sticks? Kids spilled sweets? Did you take a sample and feel/smell them?

If you have reason to suspect otherwise then you are wasting valuable time on the internet when you should be at the vets inducing vomiting.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 larkinju

thanks for your reply, the park gardener smelled and tasted them and said they were fine, they definitely weren't sweets though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Another reason for keeping a dog on the lead! My local park routinely puts out poison for rats.

Very weird that the park gardener actually tasted them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

sounds like it was suet feed for birds , all should be ok , just keep an eye on the dog

Another reason for keeping a dog on the lead! My local park routinely puts out poison for rats.

Very weird that the park gardener actually tasted them...
    Had her on lead but got them into her mouth, jack Russell wanting to eat everything

• Advertisement

antocann wrote: »
    sounds like it was suet feed for birds , all should be ok , just keep an eye on the dog

Your right, seen photo of web, berry suet sticks, thanks so much.

Advertisement