Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim/Microsims from companies

Options
  • 23-01-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi, so a little background is i have an iPhone that i bought from someone, but after i restored it I cant activate it without a sim card that the phone is locked to. Now i cant find out what network its locked to until i activate it so my question is, does it cost to get a Microsim from Vodafone, O2, Meteor etc. All i want is a PAYG microsim that i can activate the phone with, then i can unlock it to use on my network, O2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,221 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Some might want you to top up before you get the sim, you might not be able to unlock it depending on the firmware on it.
    You could ring customer care in 3, Voda, Meteor and ask them is it on their network, might be easier than messing with sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

thanks for that, i just give them the IMEI number so? It's got the latest Firmware, and over on MPS they unlock iPhones for €65 without having to send them the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,221 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

yea just ring them with the IMEI, are you sure mps can unlock it, I have my doubts.

Advertisement