Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scooter Serviced?

• 23-01-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all ive a gillara dna 50cc scooter i need it service i tried ringing tony kielys but thier number i not working unless they have changed it. anywhere else that will do this? need brakes ect done. Also battery gone dead need knew one wonder how much id be charged for it thanks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Jude Banks is said to be a very good motorcycle mechanic in Limerick. I'm sure he could sort you out. He is out the Ballynanty direction 087 2601166

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'm sure there's a place on John Street who service scooters. They sell and sevice bikes, scooters and lawnmowers. I think it's called Hourigan's or Hannigan's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

I used to go to Mike Meskell's all the time with my bikes for service. Couldn't ever fault him.

http://www.meskellmotorcycles.com/home.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

I used to have the same type of Gilera. got work done in Hourigans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I used to have the same type of Gilera. got work done in Hourigans.
    Are they any good those gileras? Any advantages/disadvantages over a regular scooter apart from looking a bit better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

I've never used Tony Kielys so I can't comment there. However I have used the rest mentioned here, they would all be OK for a service, but if you need anything serious done go to Grange Motorcycles in Hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fando

LB6 wrote: »
    I used to go to Mike Meskell's all the time with my bikes for service. Couldn't ever fault him.

They are quite expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

i went to kielys and was 40 euro for new battery they dont service scooters, Ive been told meskells are very expensive to get scooter service from asell. ill ask hourigans dont think they do them anymore if they dont ill just go onto youtube and do it myself its only the brake pads id be worried about changing really.

h3000 wrote: »
    Jude Banks is said to be a very good motorcycle mechanic in Limerick. I'm sure he could sort you out. He is out the Ballynanty direction 087 2601166

didnt think he was still around heard about him years ago thanks for that.

I think he is SupraSonic pretty sure I passed his van not so long ago. I could be imagining things though :)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

wheres he situated? is it moyross or near garryowen?

cheers must give him a bell and get this sorted.

His advert on donedeal: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2131447. Let us know if he works on scooters and if he is pricey. My bloody thing refuses to start and I am running out of ideas, might need to get someone to look at it.

mine was parked up for a while aswel wouldnt start, when you kick start it does it sound like the spark plug is sparking? i took out the spark plug an cleaned it then i unattached the fuel line gave it 2 kicks bit petrol came out reconnected it and was working fine just air in the line it grand now.

The problem is that the kick start spring is broken and I can't crank it to check for spark (used to button start). Other than that I checked fuel lines, choke, carb. I doubt it's electrics as it's fairly new scooter. The rubber from manifold to carb is cracked a bit but doubt it is the reason. I never had luck with those 2-strokes; the wind changes direction and they are in bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Try google searching for enthusiast/fan forums for your make/model sometimes if you are lucky then you'll find step by step troubleshhoting guides etc.

- Other than that you might have to fall back on more general fault finders, a lot of the same principles will apply no matter what way your internal combustion engine and its assoc system are laid out - ie re ignition switch, starter motor, spark plug(s), fuel supply etc.

(Apologies if above is just stating the obvious to ya.....! First bit def might be....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Supra sonic....did you ever discover if Jude us still open?

Supra sonic....did you ever discover if Jude us still open?

Talked to him in March; he is still working but is out of town on a contract work.

ya he is still open alright!

• Advertisement
Advertisement