Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Refurb costs in Cork

Options
  • 23-01-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got a price from a plumber to fit shower enclosure,tray, electric shower toilet and sink.
    I would be removing the bath etc myself and he would have a blank canvas to work on.
    He quoted me €750 but this seems expensive seeing as the only new external holes will be the shower outflow and even the joists are going the correct way to simplify things.
    What do ye think of this price?

Regards,

Kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

kmb wrote: »
    Hi all,

I got a price from a plumber to fit shower enclosure,tray, electric shower toilet and sink.
    I would be removing the bath etc myself and he would have a blank canvas to work on.
    He quoted me €750 but this seems expensive seeing as the only new external holes will be the shower outflow and even the joists are going the correct way to simplify things.
    What do ye think of this price?

Regards,

Kieran

There maybe more to his scope of work. Than just fitting the appliances. For example removing and refitting your bathroom radiator. Reinforcing your shower tray base.Supports for your shower waste pipe supply (floor boards and bridging pieces may need to be removed and refitted).Your shower door may take two men to fit (some of the fancy ones can be a nightmare to fit on your own).Pipework may need to be altered and recessed in walls.He may also have allowed for some of the materials (pipe work and fittings). (Plumbing fittings are not cheap.)
    You need to sit down and see what the full scope of works is.This will prevent hidden extras as work proceeds also.When customers get quotes they should ask for a written scope also and least that way if they get 3 different quotes at least every one is working to a scope.

Advertisement