Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New project for 2012

Options
  • 23-01-2012 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

This is the current state of my rifle. It's a tikka supervarmint .223 24" 1:8 twist barrel, with a pse composites light weight stock, karsten cheekpiece,9-13" Harris swivel bipod, accushot monopod, and nightforce NXS 8-32x56.
    f272b82d.jpg
    I spoke to Fergal White about converting it to a .243. I decided on a 25" bartlein 1:10 twist heavy sporter barrel, I also need a .308 extractor because the bolt face has to be widened to take the .243 round and the 223 extractor would be too small. So all that's holding it up now is the licence.
    Watch this space for more updates

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Suppose its alright if you like them fancy, shiney, new, custom type guns.:D

Expect lots of pictures when its done.;)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

i cant wait to se her up and running declan, good luck to you and your new project.

i hope you enjoy it as much as i am enjoying the whole custom process ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Thanks lads I'm really looking forward to shooting it when it's built. I had been thinking about a custom barrel and was leaning back and forth between .204 and .223 for foxing, but since I went deer stalking a few times and shooting with poulo's .243 a few times I decided pretty quickly to go .243.
    The whole process is so exciting since this is my first big step into the world of custom rifles, all I had done before was got a thread job, and change and glass bed the stock, which were improvements, but nothing like this will be

Advertisement