Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever used buykettlebelldublin.com?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I ordered a kettle bell from them recently. Good delivery service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I've used them. Good service as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

I've ordered kettlebells from them, always a good service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The previous guys seem to be getting kettlebells, but the OP is looking at bumper plates.

I seem to remember Mickk (ex owner of irishlifting) commenting on being careful with bumpers before, I expect there can be a big variation in quality of them.

Since they have a training centre it might be an idea to arrange to have a go of some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Thanks for the responses guys.

rubadub wrote: »
    The previous guys seem to be getting kettlebells, but the OP is looking at bumper plates.

I seem to remember Mickk (ex owner of irishlifting) commenting on being careful with bumpers before, I expect there can be a big variation in quality of them.

Since they have a training centre it might be an idea to arrange to have a go of some.

Had a look at their site there again. It says they don't stock their products at the training centre. Thanks for the suggestion though. I might drop them an email and see if they can shed some light on the quality of the plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

very fast service my KB's arrived in two day's.

Let me know how you get on with the plates, I'm going to buy a set bumper plates of them or http://irish-lifting.com/ hopefully this weekend

So, I emailed Mark at buykettlebelldublin about the bumpers earlier on and got a quick response. They've supplied these bumpers to a good few gyms around Ireland and have had no complaints. So think I might pull the trigger on a few plates in the next few days. Thanks again to the people that chimed in.

siochain wrote: »
    very fast service my KB's arrived in two day's.

Let me know how you get on with the plates, I'm going to buy a set bumper plates of them or http://irish-lifting.com/ hopefully this weekend

Do Irish Lifting do bumpers? Couldn't find any on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

DylanJM wrote: »
    Yeah, I only see the rubber coated plates, which are not bumpers, just a covering to stop them clanking and offer a bit more rust protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I have ordered loads of gear over the years from buykettlebell. We have their 20kg bar plus their bumpers 5,10,15,20,25s they are great quality and show no sign of wear after a year or more of use. Great service too. If you are in Blackrock area you can come and see them if it helps your decision.

I have ordered loads of gear over the years from buykettlebell. We have their 20kg bar plus their bumpers 5,10,15,20,25s they are great quality and show no sign of wear after a year or more of use. Great service too. If you are in Blackrock area you can come and see them if it helps your decision.

Thanks a lot for the offer, I actually made an order today so you're ok. Great to hear that you're happy with your stuff. Can't wait now until I get my stuff and give it a try out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

DylanJM wrote: »

sorry checked email, and it was http://www.healthandfitnessireland.com/index.php?module=store&parent=free_weight&show=category&category=olympic_training_rubber_discs

cheers

Just an update. Got my stuff yesterday and everything seems good quality. Got a barbell and a pair of 10kg and a pair of 15kg bumper plates. Haven't really gotten a chance to give everything a good test yet as i've been too busy but hopefully the weekend will give me a chance to. I'm also in the process of making a squat rack and lifting platform so once I get them finished it'll be all systems go.

Also want to give Mark at the store a shout out for good service. Some of the plates were out of stock so delivery took a bit longer than expected. He gave me a ring and let me know what what was happening and even threw in some box of free chalk to compensate for the delay.

So all in all I'm pretty happy and thanks again for everyone that replied in the thread.

Advertisement