Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you wear make-up? (one for the guys)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

bambera wrote: »
    but the fact is when you're standing next to someone who is wearing it, they're gonna look a whole lot better than you (I'm not talking cake face here, I'm talking normal make-up).
    Would that be a jaffa cake amount? To me there is no normal amount it all looks silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I reckon straight off the bat, a lot of guys would say “hell no”, but imagine if nearly every other man walking around wore make-up, would you not feel that if you want to look as well as them that you would have to wear it too?
    Women dress and wear make-up for other woman not men. They bow to peer pressure much more quickly then men.

I still have never worn a football shirt and never will.

I wore make-up when I was a goth, just doesn't go with a beard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I never wear makeup going out, and I shave my legs and underarms when they'll be on display. I have never had a problem pulling guys, and many have told me that they like not getting covered in lipstick and foundation when they kiss me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

ScumLord wrote: »
    Not that much of it to be worried.
    Even on a cloudy day there are UV rays penetrating.
    Wear sunscreen... ;)

(not that I'm arsed to bother)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Would you wear make-up?

If its good enough for monkeys then its good enough for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

nope nature never intended me to slap chemicals on my face morning noon and night.

just like nature never intended me to walk on my tippie toes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

I'll try re-phrase what I'm saying.

Like a lot of women (not all) I wear make-up. Not a whole lot (like I said, I’m no cake-face) but a small bit of foundation and maybe some lip gloss.

If I don’t wear foundation, I look pale and ill standing next to other women. So in order not to look ill in a country where it is normal to wear make-up, I have to wear it.

I’ll probably get slaughtered for this but how in ever……..

I think there are a lot of jobs where it is nearly expected of women to wear make-up. Just like the kind of jobs where men are expected to be clean shaven. Like not wearing raggy clothes in a job. Employers want their staff to look professional. I’m not saying that this is ok, it’s just it is what it is.

Now, if the day came when it was normal for men to wear make-up (again, not talking piled on here, although up to you) would you not find yourself in the same predicament as myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If I don’t wear foundation, I look pale and ill standing next to other women. So in order not to look ill in a country where it is normal to wear make-up, I have to wear it.
    OR you look normal, and they look weirdly tanned for a country with no sun.

I’ll probably get slaughtered for this but how in ever……..

I think there are a lot of jobs where it is nearly expected of women to wear make-up. Just like the kind of jobs where men are expected to be clean shaven. Like not wearing raggy clothes in a job. Employers want their staff to look professional. I’m not saying that this is ok, it’s just it is what it is.

I do think you have a point here. I've worn makeup for the first time in a decade recently, because I'm looking for a job, and I don't think I stand a chance if not made up, because not being made-up in public is perceived as 'abnormal'. I still won't go beyond tinted moisturiser and lipgloss though. I think I look weird with it; not like myself at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ScumLord wrote: »
    but the fact is when you're standing next to someone who is wearing it, they're gonna look a whole lot better than you (I'm not talking cake face here, I'm talking normal make-up).
    Would that be a jaffa cake amount? To me there is no normal amount it all looks silly.
    It categorically doesn't all. Often when a woman looks like she's not wearing make-up she actually is - that's when make-up is well applied.

Yes there are jobs where wearing make-up is required.
    No, women don't always wear make-up for other women.

Gas the way some lads here are so adamant they'd always prefer women without make-up - you can be certain they wouldn't, they just don't know very much about make-up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement