Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant BF3 disconnection.

Options
  • 23-01-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭

After about 1-2 minutes into every bf3 round I get disconnected with the message 'Connection to EA online was lost' or 'You lost connection to the session. This is happening every single game all of a sudden in the last couple of weeks after having 0 problems previously.

I tried all the fixes given by EA on the battlefield forums to no avail, powercycling the modem, lowering firewalls, disabling media servers etc. Has anyone experienced and fixed this problem?

All help appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have you changed the network Slider in Options?

Im on eircom and assuming the slider was numbers i have at 75%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Try downloading the newest version of punk buster and updating its battlefield 3 settings ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

There is a bunkbuster problem at the moment , one of our lads could onlyt get around it by installing windows 7 64bit :o .

Give us an idea of your hardware and software ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

i should have mentioned im on ps3 not pc. my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Most likely your connection. Which company are you with for broadband? Did you change anything recently? New router/gateway? What are your nat settings? I think PS3 does it in types so Type 1 is ideal and Type 3 is the worst. You can check this in your network settings on your PS3 when you test connection. Did you completely turn off the firewall or just set it to low? Wired or Wireless? Make sure UPNP is enabled and MTU is over 1400. Does it happen for other games or just BF3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

it was working perfectly fully wired type1 on a monday and then on the tuesday having made no changes it started disconnecting from every game. ive moved nearer the router and am using it wirelessly to some degree of success.

Advertisement