Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway!

Options
  • 23-01-2012 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm moving to Galway city in the next few weeks, must find somewhere to live etc!

Any areas you recommend to go or stay away from (for renting). I want to avoid the student areas especially but don't know where they are!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi and welcome
    People will give suggestions but if you can tell us more about where you will work, do you drive, want to live close to city centre, budget for rent etc that'd be handy.

And have a read of the many already existing threads on the same topic.
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=moving+to+galway+site%3A.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Gees I'm only coming up from cork!! Haha, no women either thanks!:D

Goin workin out in Doughiska! Lookin for a place on my own I think, was looking on daft already....there seems to be a good few in Renmore? I do drive. I don't mind where I live really with the car. Headin up for a look on wednesday!

Ill take a look at those posts, thanks for your info!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

gdmaestro wrote: »
    I do drive. I don't mind where I live really with the car

Ha! You don't know much about Galway traffic so.

funny-captions-be-afraid.jpg

Best to live on the same side of the water so you don't have to cross the bridge. Basically I wouldn't be choosing a commute from Salthill if it could be avoided. Renmore and Mervue is a good bet and if you don't mind stretching your legs its a fairly short walk in to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you have to get a lease, get a short one 3/6 months.
    That way you can move in anywhere and relocate once you know the place better. Plenty of rooms to go. Check daft.ie and their sharing section.

• Advertisement

newkie wrote: »

Best to live on the same side of the water so you don't have to cross the bridge. .

Aaahhhh very good tip! No I don't know much about Galway AT ALL! Great spot for a night out though, I do know that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GOODME

Lots of people who works in the area of Doughiska do rent in the same area most house good conditions. All the best just don't go to the west side of the city you will spend lots of time on traffic jams.

I called up to galway today, defo gonna live around Doughiska!! I dunno what I was thinking looking at places in knocknacarra!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Good idea, myself and my boyfriend livin in salthill and both work on the other side of the city! Traffic can be a nightmare!:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fintanforde

Anyone know what you have to do to join Galway Golf Club? How much does it cost, that kind of thing. I was a member of the local club, Ballinlough Castle, paying €300 per year membership. I'm playing off 24 now and want to keep at it. I liked the look of this course when I was passing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Anyone know what you have to do to join Galway Golf Club? How much does it cost, that kind of thing. I was a member of the local club, Ballinlough Castle, paying €300 per year membership. I'm playing off 24 now and want to keep at it. I liked the look of this course when I was passing it.

Galway Golf Club Fees & Contact Details Here

Advertisement