Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Splitting the elevens

• 23-01-2012 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭

The other day I mentioned to someone the term 'splitting the elevens' and they had never heard of it. I remember as a kid if you were on D1 and hit a single 1 you could still 'finish' if you could got a dart between the two ones that form the number 11 in the metal numbering around the board. Now obviously it's not official but I thought it might be common in pubs to do it. Has anybody else heard of it or does anyone use it to decide games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

First I heard of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Ya we used to do that as well when we were younger , if I'm practising and end up on double1 if I hit the single ill try and split the elven out of habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tonplus

yep' thats an old habit of mine also..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

So it seems I'm not the only one then. Funny that having mentioned it yesterday, last night I was practising for about half an hour and of the 4 times I got down to double one I hit the single 3 of them and then finished by splitting the elevens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Guys try it in a lot in locals, "Split the elevens for game", "Shanghai for game" I always say no chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Yeah I've heard it lots of times, common enough for lads who are playing for fun in a pub to use this phrase to finish a game, particularly if both end up on D1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Knd of thing we allow for fun when any of the better players are playing the beginners and weaker players. My nephew asked me this i said no but if you hit the dot on the i in unicorn and i'll give ya the game though. ****er put the dart right in the heart of it haha.

Advertisement