Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

naval service recruitment

• 23-01-2012 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Last October I completed a fitness, medical which I passed and then had an interview for the navy as a recruit in Cork. I was told I would hear from them within a month and I'm still waiting for a response , Emailed the Navy saying I have not heard anything and what was the story?! got a reply that my query will be put forward to the recruitment officer and he should get back to me soon.. that was on the 7th December ... and still nothing! He gave me a number to ring if I didnt hear back, but have tried several times and no answer , anybody have any info on the navy taking on people or when training begins or is there a delay in recruitment?

Any info would help, Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The only people who can help you are the manpower office in the Naval Service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 crystalV

when i got a reply from the email i sent , they said my email was forwarded to a Lieutenant who is over recruitment for the navy , and they also gave me his number and I have tried ringing this number atleast 10 times but just keeps ringing out or going to answer machine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Your email has gone to him. Wait for him to reply. He may have other more important things to do than answer the phone. Alternatively, leave a message. That is what voicemail is for.

Personally I get hugely pissed off if someone keeps ringing me but will not leave a message. It makes me reluctant to contact them.

The last time I called I did leave a message on his voicemail, that was a month and a half ago...still nothing .. its just a waiting game I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

That recruit class you're talking about was enlisted on the 21st of December. Training started on the 3rd of January.

The next recruit class starts in April (subject to change).

Also FOCNS announced that he had secured 120 recruit vacancies for the NS this year, and is trying to get that pushed to 240.

They usually don't contact you unless they have to. My guess is that you probably weren't selected for this class but you are probably on the list for the next class in April.

Look at your previous emails and look at the officers name at the end (I won't post it here). Make sure that is the person you are trying to get through to. If you ring the base and ask specifically to be put through to him then they should connect you to his phone.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. A few days ago I got an email back and i replied and was told to ring him there and then and was told what was going on, 8 others in that class and I had blood tests which were delayed and still not back yet. I was told I passed the interview, fitness and the medical (waiting on bloods) and were first on the list for recruitment which the officer said maybe march/April ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

I also have been waiting to hear back from the navy was in for fitness and medical/interview in nov told i should hear somthing back by the 21 dec but havent heard anthing back yet have tried to get in contact with the man power officer but still havent heard back any thoughts on this would help

I emailed the manpower office and got a reply which I was told , me and 8 others bloods got delayed and that we could not be enlisted to the current class which was 21st december, you should email them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

thanks did but still waiting for reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

Hi
    I got through to my medical what does it entail ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

swimfast wrote: »
    Hi
    I got through to my medical what does it entail ?

Losing your childhood innocence.

Advertisement