Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

d

• 23-01-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭RadioClash

mrets wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know the situation I'm in here. I want to drop out of my postgrad course because its very technical and I cant complete it, am in recipient of the grant, and got the first half back in October when I was happy with it. Now I want to drop out, and my grant was just paid a week ago. will it look suspicious, will they contact local authority to tip them off, and take back the money.

I had to pay rent in january without any grant so is there any legal qualms i should be aware of before i walk into ucc this week to unregister?

I can't see you getting pulled up on it, but I would be uncomfortable walking away with taxpayers money like that. In my opinion it's against the spirit of the grant as well. Not telling you what to do, it's down to you at the end of the day, but the grant is there to help people nurture themselves and improve their prospects if they can't afford to do it by themselves.

My two cents.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Not appropriate discussion for this forum

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement