Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actual shops that sell bootcut jeans in the city?

Options
  • 23-01-2012 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for guys bootcut jeans around Galway city. I've tried quite a few places, some of which stock jeans that say boot cut on them but don't INFACT go over your boot. Pennys seem to think bootcut jeans are jeans that widen at the knee and then close in like leggings at the bottom!

I really want a pair of jeans that are actually wide at the very bottom so they go over your shoe rather than just get stuck at the top of it !

No luck in the following --
    Penneys and Dunnes ( neither go over your shoe..)
    Topman (skinny jeans and straight fit only at the moment )
    New Look ( dont go over your shoe.. )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

River Island should have bootcut jeans. Hilfiger too, I got Hilfiger bootcut cords and jeans before, albeit not in Galway, so I'm not sure whether they do them here. Jack & Jones might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

OMG bootcut!! Someone call the fashion police!

I'm rocking some sweet drop crotch skinnies myself

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

I feel your pain. Topman was where I bought most of my jeans but I went in before christmans and like you said it's all skinny jeans nowadays. Haven't found decent pair of bootcut since. Granted I haven't tried very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I bought some Ben Sherman bootcut jeans in the sale in one of the mens shops in the Headford Road SC (the one with Tesco?) a few weeks ago.

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

is there still a next in galway? ive always been able to pick up a pair in their dublin shop so im sure they would have them in the galway one

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

I believe there's a Next out beside B & Q in Knocknacarra

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

I've bought some jeans in river deep mountain high recently, mainly due to the fact that it seems to be the only place that hasn't fallen prey to this 'skinny' jeans fiasco.

The jeans I bought there are pretty loose for going over your shoe.

Another place to try might be Anthony Ryans or Hanleys if ya haven't checked there yet, both sell Levis Bootcut brand jeans so should be exactly what you're looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

River Island, end of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Maybe your boots are too big?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It's actually shocking hard to find a decent pair of jeans. I wear bootcut too, they're really rare these days. I used to get 1 or 2 pairs in Top Man. Jack and Jones in the shopping centre seemed to have some when I passed the last day. River Island always have some but they're pricey compared to what you'd have payed in Top Man. Don't have money to throw around these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Jack n Jones have them, as does Avanti in a couple doors up, beside where Zhivago used to be in the Eyre Sq SC.

Born has them as well, they stock alot of other Jack and Jones stuff but have other brands too.

Their is a small mens wear shop across the road from Yankie Candle & Boogaloo Burger joint that has them too. Think it's Abbeygate street, no idea what the name of the shop is however?

I have fairly big boots and find the J&J Flare cut the best fit. IF you wear them with runners thou, you'll destroy them and wet days are a nightmare.

Brown Thomas has a good selection if you are looking to spoil yourself, some of the Diesel stuff is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

What's the difference between a normal shop and an actual shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    What's the difference between a normal shop and an actual shop?

Bootcut jeans clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Diesel Zathan jeans are a nice bootcut, i wear them all the time

You can get em in BT or online

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

I can't remember the name of the shop, but they used to be in the sc beside avanti. They moved out onto abbeygate street there a year or 2 ago. They always had a good range of normal enough jeans (i.e. not drainpipes) at decent prices. They're just down from the Gourmet Tart co. "Freedom" might be the name, but couldn't swear on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Your best chance of finding Bootcut jeans is 1998 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I got some in Geraghtys a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭StonedRaider

Levi's in Anthony Ryan's

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Jack and jones in shopping centre or born in newtownsmith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

Buglim wrote: »
    Your best chance of finding Bootcut jeans is 1998 :D

Wow aren't you funny..

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

edwood wrote: »
    Wow aren't you funny..

..and what is the adage re sarcasm and humour?

Advertisement