Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Visa

Options
  • 23-01-2012 5:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Hey guys need a bit of help here 'cos i'm hearing story after story theory after theory and i don't know what to believe.Basically, I was over in Brisbane in 2010 on a 1 year working visa, After 6 months i had to come back to Ireland due to a berevment i did farming work for all of 2 weeks i think, want i want to know is, is there ANYWAY possible for me to recieve another Visa for Oz because of this? I also have 2 passports (Irish & English) some have told me this doesnt matter more have said that i can get a new visa on the spare passport. ANY help whatsoever in making me understand more about how i can get to Oz (if i even can) would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

I don't think so because
    I found this elsewhere

Re: 2 Passports / 2 Working Holiday Visa's?
    Technology

Immigration computers go by date of birth, place of birth, nationality ect. Passport numbers are recorded but the systems have flexibility built into them, so they can do the cross-indexing. When the immigration officer swipes either passport, he will get a list of "probable matches", so he will be able to figure out that you hold two passports because the systems record entry and departure dates as well as the machine readable line in the passports. If you held passports of say continental Europe where fingerprints sample are stored inside the chip, the system could compare fingerprints and flag you on the spot. So don't do it unless you want to spend time in Villawood. But since you are a dual national, you will have the privilege to choose which consul will handle your deportation arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

This question has been asked here so many times, same answer it doesn't work this guy listened to the old pub stories and look what happened to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

mod clearly states in charter not to ask this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement