Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Gateway/E Commerce Platform

• 23-01-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I was wondering could I ask you for some advise. I am assisting with a couple of others to establish an online business dealing with importing goods from far east.

I need to get the 'payment gateway' function complete. From initial research I believe the bank have to set us up with a merchant account, then I need to put in place a payment gateway, I guess this is the likes of paypal or sage.

Is there a camparison table available for the different gateway companies that shows the different companies rates & charges for transactions in Ireland & the UK (we hope to be taking orders in sterling & euro) as I believe there are some pretty big fluctuations in the rates. Also I gather that volumn sales would give a discount.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Online Buying & Auctions --> Web Design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I was wondering could I ask you for some advise. I am assisting with a couple of others to establish an online business dealing with importing goods from far east.

I need to get the 'payment gateway' function complete. From initial research I believe the bank have to set us up with a merchant account, then I need to put in place a payment gateway, I guess this is the likes of paypal or sage.

Is there a camparison table available for the different gateway companies that shows the different companies rates & charges for transactions in Ireland & the UK (we hope to be taking orders in sterling & euro) as I believe there are some pretty big fluctuations in the rates. Also I gather that volumn sales would give a discount.

Many Thanks.

You do not need a payment gateway to accept Paypal. You get charged (quite a lot) per transaction but there are no monthly fees etc.

You only need a payment gateway for getting something like Realex up and running. They are good but quite expensive unless you are making a lot of transactions per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Authipay is a relatively new payments gateway hosted by AIBMS, it might be worth your time looking into. It is very competitive in price and can also combine merchant accounts. Heres's the site http://www.authipay.com/

Stop spamming old threads!

Advertisement