Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

songza at work but not at home??

Options
  • 23-01-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    At work, when connected to the web via HEAnet, I am able to access and use songza.com without any issue

However at home, using UPC ISP, songza's geo blocking filters me out for being outside the US....

Anyone know why the HEAnet connection circumvents this?

I looked up ie.heanet IP block and yes its definitely listed as Ireland, in fact several tested whats-my-ip type websites correctly list my work and home locations as Sligo...

I thought maybe it was something to do with cookies, If I had cookies in my work browser from before songza introduced geo blocking then maybe the cookies told the filter to let me through, but I logged in from home using a US proxy then logged out and tried again without the proxy but still blocked...
    (+ Im not actually logged into songza at work)

The blocking is easily bypassed if I wanted to, as most are, Im just curious as to what might be causing this behavior.
    Any suggestions?
    Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Just a configuration error by songza or whoever they're employing is the most likely reason.

Advertisement