Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA 3 and Vice City heading to PSN?

• 23-01-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,911 ✭✭✭✭

Vice City with HD touch up and trophy support would be something else!!

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/01/23/gta-3-and-gta-vice-city-heading-to-the-psn/
    The ESRB have rated Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for the Playstation 3, with both now officially rated an “M” for mature. While the ratings board details nothing else, we’d guess that the titles will be heading to the PSN as digital downloads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This would be even better than GTA5! Have been longing to play Vice City for so long, but got rid of my PS2 many moons ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Please let this be true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Playable on the PSVita??? Oh my fuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Nice one, ive never played Vice City, and my ps2 is ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

hope they release these with a HD update, kinda like silent hill

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I only just noticed this. Really hope it's true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

jc84 wrote: »
    hope they release these with a HD update, kinda like silent hill
    Was that a rockstar game?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Plug wrote: »
    Was that a rockstar game?

Fairly sure it was Konami who were the publishers for Silent Hill.

edit - quick google and yup, it was Konami.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Nope unfortunately it will be a straight port...they won't include trophy support and HD treatment!

/buzzkill

Nope unfortunately it will be a straight port...they won't include trophy support and HD treatment!

/buzzkill
    Do have a link to back your findings up, or something similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Nailz wrote: »
    Do have a link to back your findings up, or something similar?
    Now I don't have a PS3 I have an Xbox so i'm not familiar with PSN but when San Andreas was ported to Xbox 360 nothing was changed!

Rockstar have GTA V, Max Payne 3 and other games to worry about instead of retreading old ground! As much as i'd love to see a HD remake of Vice City it won't happen and it will be standard port!

My advice: Play it on the PC, it's so much fun with mods and trainers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

There's no sign of this on the ESRB website that I can find :confused:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp?title=Grand+Theft+Auto&fromHome=fromHome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,911 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like GTA 3 and Vice City finally coming to PSN biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

No HD remake, just 'PS2 Classic'

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.ph...ease-incoming/

If it is downloadable for the Vita, all I can say is hell fucking yes. One could not ask for more...

Also, am I the only one who does not give two shits with regards this whole ‘HD rerelease’ stuff going on these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Great news!

Echo the point on the whole HD things, the gameplay of the GTA games matters more to me than the graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I could not care of it was HD. TBH I prefer the fact that it will still be the same experience I had the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It won't be played on the same technology as it was the first time around though so it won't be the same experience. I'd hazard a guess that you've got a much bigger TV than you did when you were playing these games for the first time. The graphics are dated, very badly in fact. And whilst I don't think graphics are the most important part of a game (my favourite game ever is Manic Miner, FFS), GTA suffers more than other series from dated graphics because of the immersive world that the game tries to create.

Metal Gear Solid is a great example of how an HD lick of paint can make ten year old PS2 games look as beautiful today as they did at release.

Oh yeah! GTA 3 heading to PSN on 31st July! Europe should follow soon after.

No HD treatment, no Tophy support, just straight up classic GTA 3. Pity it's not HD as I'm sure it will look crap towards todays standards. Anyone gonna get this?

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/07/27/grand-theft-auto-3-looking-good-for-august-1st-psn-release/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-27-grand-theft-auto-3-ps2-classic-psn-release-date

I will get it, yeah. I'm a bit disappointed that they aren't tarting it up a bit though for the reasons I mentioned above.

I played the first island last Christmas on a 14" portable TV when I was staying at my Parents' place for a few days and it's still a hell of a fun game.

good to hear some news anyway. Have it on the iPad so I might hold out for Vice City.

*Sits back and keeps waiting*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Was just having a look to see if this was released yet, turns out its delayed due to licencing issues with a song in the game

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-01-grand-theft-auto-3-playstation-3-release-delayed

Just one mention of 'Grand Theft Auto' and 'music' in the same post and I've had 'She's on Fire' in my head all afternoon.

THANKS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Anyone get it yet? Are there any improvements or is it just a straight PS2 port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭dasdog

I just scratched the surface but ammu-nation, spank, that voice on the phone missions. Great on a big tv over a decade later. Soundtrack never got the credit it deserved. I'd totally forgotten about the trail setting (off) and thankfully the storyline so far. Looks like a port but such a landmark game it deserves to be re-visited.

I just hope that they've fixed the Purple Nines glitch, particularly as the workaround for it won't work with the PS3's virtual memory cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

I downloaded GTAIII partly for nostalgia and partly because I never actually had the chance to finish the game. As you'd expect it's pretty dated now but unlike say music or films, games should always be judged in their day i.e. it was great in 2001 and deserves to be remembered as such. I did think Vice City was a much better game but that's possibly because I haven't played far enough through III.

One thing playing through a few early missions is that it's tougher going than the newer ones. I don't know if there are some better guns and armour lying around somewhere but all I've got is a lousy pistol and I've come up against guys who have much better weapons. And of course there's no cover system or replay mission option either. So the game doesn't give things up to the player so easily.

I played bits of it last Christmas and you're entirely correct but there is a certain realism with that. If you're stuck in Chinatown with a pistol getting shot at by a dozen Triads you've pretty much got to run away as quickly as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

Yeah, I'm ok with it being more difficult. One of the problems with the current gen is that too many missions are completed at the 1st time of trying. I felt the older games had a good blend of easy and hard tasks. As a result it's much more satisfying when you've finished each one.

• Advertisement

Vice City and San Andreas have been rated for PS3! I don't know which one I would want to play first!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/375115/gta-vice-city-and-san-andreas-rated-for-ps3/

I'm excited to play Vice City again.

I don't know... I guess they'll come out solely as PS2 Classics which I'm disappointed about. Would have loved to see an HD treatment of San Andreas at least.

Oh yeah, HD with trophy treatment would make these more anticipated than any 'this gen' games this year! When I first got my fat ps3, I played my ps2 copy of San Andreas and it didn't look great but would like to play it again, especially leading up to GTA V.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

GTA Vice City was and still is the best GTA game with the most immersive storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Vice City and San Andreas have been rated for PS3! I don't know which one I would want to play first!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/375115/gta-vice-city-and-san-andreas-rated-for-ps3/

Any idea when we (EU) get them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Mc Love wrote: »
    Any idea when we (EU) get them?

Any more on this?

• Advertisement

It was many months between GTA3 getting its age classification and the game actually getting released so I doubt it'll be any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It was many months between GTA3 getting its age classification and the game actually getting released so I doubt it'll be any time soon.

So I take it GTA 3 is currently available on PSN?

Apologies.....but I haven't logged in to PSN in about 18 months!

Yeah GTA 3 is on there.

Hopefully the PSN release date will be announced soon as it was just announed for Android and IOS

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition will arrive on iOS and
    Android this December 6th and will be priced at €4.99.

Here's a full
    list of compatible devices:

Apple iOS Devices:

iPad, iPhone
    4, 4S & 5, iPod touch 4th & 5th Generation

Android Phones:

Motorola Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Photon,
    Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Rezound, HTC One X, HTC One S, HTC Evo 3D, HTC
    Sensation, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Nexus S,
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 & 2, Samsung S2, Samsung Galaxy R, Sony Xperia Play,
    Sony Xperia S, P, T & TL, Sony Walkman Z Series Media Player, Samsung Galaxy
    S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Google Nexus 4

Android Tablets:

Acer
    Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, LG Optimus
    Pad, Medion Lifetab, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 / 10.1, Samsung
    Galaxy Tab 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Sony Tablet P, Toshiba
    Thrive, HTC Flyer, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10

Sweet, December 6th not too long away at all!

2 weeks to go

• Advertisement

There are rumours that san andreas will be on the psn store this week, wonder what price it will be.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    There are rumours that san andreas will be on the psn store this week, wonder what price it will be.

id say it would be Vice City over San Andreas, Given the fact VC was just released on iOS.

Interesting. I happened to start GTA 3 yesterday so if this is true then I'll try to blitz through that in a week and then move onto whichever of Vice City or San Andreas is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Confirmed that GTA: SA will be on PSN store 2moro
    We know GTA fans on PlayStation 3 have been eager to be able to download and play the original Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas from the PSN Store for quite awhile now and we're happy to announce that it will finally be coming for download there tomorrow, Tuesday December 11th (the game is also currently available for Xbox 360 players via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace).
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/47111/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-coming-to-psn-tomorrow.html

1310650820313.jpg

Hogzy wrote: »
    id say it would be Vice City over San Andreas, Given the fact VC was just released on iOS.

I stand corrected. Weird though, you would think that Vice City would be released before San Andreas.

3 was delayed for some time because of issues getting all the music cleared for re-release. Maybe Vice City has been held up for the same reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

iMuse wrote: »

Not up there yet - any idea what time of day we are likely to see it?

I'd say it's only in the US today and should be on Europe PSN tomorrow afternoon.

The PS2 Classic version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available on the North American PlayStation Store this Tuesday, December 11th. No price point is mentioned, though it’s safe to assume that it will cost $9.99, like all other PS2 Classics on the PlayStation Network. There’s no word yet on if and when it will be released in other territories

From IGN.

• Advertisement
Advertisement