Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA 3 and Vice City heading to PSN?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is GTA:SA worth buying on PSN? Is it still as fun as it was back in the day? Do the graphics look that bad?

Opinions would be appreciated thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

AdamD wrote: »
    Is GTA:SA worth buying on PSN? Is it still as fun as it was back in the day? Do the graphics look that bad?

Opinions would be appreciated thanks!

I was moaning earlier in the thread about how bad it looks, but after a while you get used to it. And yeah, it's still pretty good fun to play. All in all I'd say it's worth downloading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It does look dated but you kind of get used to that after a while. My biggest issue with replaying SA a couple of years ago, and why I ultimately abandoned that attempt, was the controls. They're just so awkward and clumsy and they feel more dated than even the graphics.

There's a mission about half way through Los Santos where you have to climb a fence and then shoot some guards down near a warehouse and I just couldn't think through the controls quickly enough to stop myself dying every time I tried. Nothing about how the game handles feels natural.

That said I'm going to move onto SA straight after my current play through GTA 3 so I'm hoping the controls will feel a bit more natural this time.

If you can get past his the game looks and how it controls then it's still one of the biggest and best games ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I was moaning earlier in the thread about how bad it looks, but after a while you get used to it. And yeah, it's still pretty good fun to play. All in all I'd say it's worth downloading.
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    It does look dated but you kind of get used to that after a while. My biggest issue with replaying SA a couple of years ago, and why I ultimately abandoned that attempt) was the controls. They're just so awkward and clumsy and they feel more dated than even the graphics.

There's a mission about half way through Los Santos where you have to climb a fence and then shoot some guards down near a warehouse and I just couldn't think through the controls quickly enough to stop myself dying every time I tried. Nothing about how the game handles feels natural.

That said I'm going to move onto SA straight after my current play through GTA 3 so I'm hoping the controls will feel a bit more natural this time.

If you can get past his the game looks and how it controls then it's still one of the biggest and best games ever made.

Thanks lads, just started downloading it now. 4.2gb :O

4 weeks off now having just done my exams, time to complete this for a 3rd time! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Graphics don't bother me at all. The controls will take a bit of getting used to alright. Especially when driving. It's back to X for accel, and square for brake. Weird not using the triggers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Lads is there any way of purchasing this without having to use a credit card? Can you buy vouchers or anything like that?

Lads is there any way of purchasing this without having to use a credit card? Can you buy vouchers or anything like that?

You can get pre-pay cards in Gamestop

http://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%203/Games/7860

Personally I use 3V vouchers, but you might be waiting a while for them to send you out a card

If you have a Paypal account you can buy PSN cards on ebay and the code will get emailed straight to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,911 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vice City is heading to PSN next week for €9.99. I really wish San Andreas was €9.99 as well.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48501/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-coming-to-psn-next-week.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Bet me too , excellent news :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,320 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Brilliant news. Downloaded it for the iPad but haven't played it yet. Far prefer to play on the PS3 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,911 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    Brilliant news. Downloaded it for the iPad but haven't played it yet. Far prefer to play on the PS3 though.

Yeah, I had a go of GTA 3 on a 10 inch tablet and it was a balls to play. give me a joypad and big telly any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

I'm downloading SA, anyone know if you can use the old cheats on it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

awful for the iphone anyway , awful :P , pursume Vice city was like SA for the consoles , you could lock on , got it for the PC and its not the same . I must confess Vice City is the only GTA i never played :P

Paulyh wrote: »
    I'm downloading SA, anyone know if you can use the old cheats on it???

You can but they'll more than likely mess up your game-saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

You can but they'll more than likely mess up your game-saves.

Yea I think I remember something about that with the original game.
    Might go for it without the cheats first.
    You cant beat having an endless supply of weapons and ammo, and going a rampage!!!

Soby wrote: »
    I must confess Vice City is the only GTA i never played :P

You are in for a f*cking treat, my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭McSheez

Anyone reckon they might bring em out on Vita? Would pay for that but I've bought multiple copies of all of them before (think I payed for SA 4 times through the years) and just can't bring myself to fork out yet again to play on a console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Can't wait for this, been far too long since I've played Vice City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Awesome news :D Didnt think it was going to come out for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Paulyh wrote: »
    Yea I think I remember something about that with the original game.
    Might go for it without the cheats first.
    You cant beat having an endless supply of weapons and ammo, and going a rampage!!!
    Cheats do nothing to the save. Using them on the newer games locks achievements/trophies but the old game do nothing other than a notice that does nothing more than try to discourage you. They are 100% safe.

Doing Max Payne 3 now so I'm considering going back to the III era again afterwards. Still never got LC Stories or VC Stories so I might get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Still never got LC Stories or VC Stories so I might get them.

Are LC/VC stories on PSN? (Can't check at the mo myself). Only two games in the series that I'v never played!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

I have been telling my Godson for years how good this game is and i can't wait to play it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

steve_r wrote: »
    Are LC/VC stories on PSN? (Can't check at the mo myself). Only two games in the series that I'v never played!

nope I don't think they are. afaik they were released for psp and then for the ps2 later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Cant wait to cruise around on the Faggio :D What day is the game out?

20100109133905faggiogta.jpg

• Advertisement

Already out on PSN last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

is it as good as I remember? or has it dated terribly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

is it as good as I remember? or has it dated terribly!

Havent played the PSN versions but the PS2 versions are still awesome. It'll take you about half an hour to get used to the controls again but after that it's still great.

Picked up Vice City in the GTA sale. Just booting it up now for the first time in maybe eight years. I'd forgotten how amazing the intro is with the C64-style graphics and Video Killed The Radio Star in the background. Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

How much is Vice City on PSN?

• Advertisement

Normally £7.99/€9.99 but it is half price for a week ending today with 10% off for PS+ members so I got it for £3.60 yesterday.

Advertisement