Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New black moor goldfish HELP

Options
  • 23-01-2012 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have 2 small lionheads 1 adult fantail and a new black moor goldfish. The new black moor is chasing after the other fish with his head in their butts nudging them i know it not breeding as he is young i dont know if hes trying to play but it looks like its bothering the other fish. Should i leave them or take the black moor back the shop ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Sounds like breeding behaviour. Sometimes this can stress out the other fish, or exhaust them.
    Either put a divider in the tank, or if you can separate him from the others some way. Not sure how long it will last for.

It could also be overstocking, goldfish need lots of space (roughly 60L per fish minimum) and can get aggressive if they feel overcrowded.

Advertisement