Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bouncer chokes guy out video

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Assault by the bouncers IMO. His work colleague initiated physical confrontation by leaning into the reporter then pushing him.

In fairness to the bouncer who choked the guy out, it looked like he saw a pushing match and immediately waded in on his fellow doormans side (which is what is expected of him) but it was still the wrong side.

Just my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Guy who is pestering women outside club and gets in bouncers face get's a face full of arm.

He had most of it coming, went a bit far, but yeah he had it coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

At 1.14 on the video Bouncer on the left makes a short thrust, and the guy seems to collapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I'm a bouncer.

Blatant and ridiculous assault by the bouncer who choked the guy out,. a complete amateur meathead attitude.

Also, no bouncer I know of responds to a shove by shoving the person back, it's just an opener to be shoved or hit again. In addition, bouncers have no right to restrain someone on the street unless it's self defense, in which case the bouncer definitely didn't need a full rear naked choke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

They gonna have to called the po-lice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

No doubt about it, it's assault.

I'm also a doorman and there's no way I can justify that man's behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

Yep got to agree... excess use of force (possibly lethal) by security there. The overall approach caused an escalation in violence, not a de-escalation. In the end the guy came back fighting anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Black man questions 1st bouncer why he pushed the door into him
    1st bouncer arms open, walks into the black guy, denying everything
    Black guy pushes the 1st bouncer away lightly
    3rd bouncer runs from behind the black guy and goes for a choke hold

It looks a bit like tag team wrestling: a bit too practised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

Theres alot going on on many different levels in that video.

Theres the black guy who pulls up "with his bitches". The bouncers who look like white nationalist skinheads, who obviously dont like his "attitude".

The bouncer instigates the confrontation(but its not provable), but the black guy over reacts by pushing him hard, both sides were looking for confrontation.

Is it assault ? I suppose that depends on the juristiction, its a coin flip.

I think the bouncers would not get done 1) Because the black guy pushes one first 2) They simply restrain him.although too much force is deliberatly or accidently used 3) He attacks them afterwards.

But in a pc country they possibly would get done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The security men are responsable for defusing violent situations, it is not in their job or their interest to push people around, square up to them or choke people out.
    In my opinion, this was assult.

I've seen similar happen in Dublin and there was a long campaing again the bouncers and the club they worked in afterwards but nothing came of it.
    The case in Dublin was documented by a photographer that was working at a gig in the venue.
    He caught on camera one security gaurd punching a girl in the face along with a riot that fallowed. The girl was hit mid-riot, not before hand.

I've nothing against bouncers as long as they're doing their job and I'm glad to see there are guys out there in the job that are out right against this kind of thing.
    I feel there needs to be better training and stricter policing of the profession.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    I've seen similar happen in Dublin and there was a long campaing again the bouncers and the club they worked in afterwards but nothing came of it.

The case in Dublin was documented by a photographer that was working at a gig in the venue.
    He caught on camera one security gaurd punching a girl in the face along with a riot that fallowed. The girl was hit mid-riot, not before hand.

I'm assuming you're talking about the HomeStar Runner gig. That was a lot more two-sided than everyone was claiming, and those guys are nothing but trouble-making manchildren.
    I feel there needs to be better training and stricter policing of the profession.

In Ireland? Sure, but not if it continues to be regulated by that extortionist old boys' club that is the Private Security Authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm assuming you're talking about the HomeStar Runner gig. That was a lot more two-sided than everyone was claiming, and those guys are nothing but trouble-making manchildren.

In Ireland? Sure, but not if it continues to be regulated by that extortionist old boys' club that is the Private Security Authority.

That's the one.
    There was a lot to it, as there generally is in these situations.
    That started because a mate of the band got on stage, something very commen in these shows but I guess the bouncers didn't like it and all hell was set loose.

In Ireland but apparently worldwide too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Was this an over reaction or justified ? The guy was going to attack his collegue and he does put him down gently.

Assault or self defence ?[/URL]

I'll be honest about it, a few years ago this sort of stuff was common place on the door's - you met aggression with aggression - 'peace through superior initimidation', but you can't get away with that these days (not here in Ireland anyhow).. So what happens now, you wait to take the hit first - its crap but that's how the game has gone, people are pansy's and will sue you ass in a heartbeat.

Its still very hard to prove assault but this incident is captured on VT.

Since the 'victim' goes on to attack the door and punches a member of staff who wasn't involved in the initial incident the most would probably happen (in Ireland) is people would receive a caution.. Or at best both guys might be charged with a public affray.
    Dermighty wrote: »
    I'm a bouncer.

Blatant and ridiculous assault by the bouncer who choked the guy out,. a complete amateur meathead attitude.

Also, no bouncer I know of responds to a shove by shoving the person back, it's just an opener to be shoved or hit again. In addition, bouncers have no right to restrain someone on the street unless it's self defense, in which case the bouncer definitely didn't need a full rear naked choke.

If someone shoved me on the door I'd respond in kind.

Passivity has no place on the door IMO.

That's the one.
    There was a lot to it, as there generally is in these situations.
    That started because a mate of the band got on stage, something very commen in these shows but I guess the bouncers didn't like it and all hell was set loose.

Right, the mods can step in if I'm talking too much, but those HomeStar Runner lads are trouble-making manchildren who caused nothing but hassle everwhere they played. I had the displeasure of working with them once. I asked them nicely at a gig not to encourage moshing as it was an underage event and their response was to instigate a wall of death. I had to pull a 13 year old girl out from under a pile of fat teenagers who fell on top of her. Even after that, they continued their bullshít. I saw the video for the gig you're talking about and I'm not entirely sure I believe that the doormen overreacted. I should probably quit while I'm ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I had to pull a 13 year old girl out from under a pile of fat teenagers who fell on top of her. Even after that, they continued their bullshít.

I've always mantained that if you dont want to be in a mosh pit..the answer is fairly simple...stay out of it. :pac:

Bambi wrote: »
    I've always mantained that if you dont want to be in a mosh pit..the answer is fairly simple...stay out of it. :pac:

She was among the group who had no intention of being in it. Regardless, they behaved like a shower of idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I think the bouncers were being assholes - they seem to start the situation from nothing. That being said, as an ex-bouncer, you cannot let someone push you around or you may as well just leave the job.

I think choking him out was excessive and was an over reaction, he could have held him without putting his lights out... they handled it very badly and they weren't professional IMO.

Personally I think there is a case for assault and it would be 50/50 as to how a judge/Jury would see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

She was among the group who had no intention of being in it. Regardless, they behaved like a shower of idiots.

Maybe things have changed with these stupid modern kids and their ironic glasses but in my day nearly all the problems with moshing were caused by the security

RoboRat wrote: »
    I think the bouncers were being assholes - they seem to start the situation from nothing. That being said, as an ex-bouncer, you cannot let someone push you around or you may as well just leave the job.

I agree with you that you can't let people push you around on the job but the response to the shove was excessive.
    Bambi wrote: »
    Maybe things have changed with these stupid modern kids and their ironic glasses but in my day nearly all the problems with moshing were caused by the security

The venue I was working had a stage and a relatively small area just in front of it. The kids were really young. You'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about but it just spelt trouble, and this is coming from a guy who moshed at the biggest heavy metal festival in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

not surprising, most bouncers ive come across are scum!

• Advertisement

Trader1991 wrote: »
    not surprising, most bouncers ive come across are scum!

Keep comments like that coming and you might just hurt my feelings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I APPRECIATE IT, THANKS FOR KEEPING THE SCENE ALIVE...

*ahem, as you all were.

Advertisement