Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about ASH scheme

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

murphaph wrote: »
    None that I can see.

The RAS Scheme is completely different than the Ash Scheme in lots of ways ........ for example you MAY be employed and still qualify for the RAS Scheme whereas with the ASH Scheme you MUST be in employment to qualify!

Each ASH lease is slightly different and is tailored to meet the needs/requirements of individual Landlords/Tenants .......... both parties must be completely happy with the final lease agreement BEFORE anything is signed.

Also the rent can be reviewed on a yearly basis (if the Landlord wishes) in order to be in-line with the rental market prices for that year ......... the Tenants pay 10% of their take-home pay in rent regardless.

Nothing is set in stone with the ASH Scheme regarding leases, the Council are very open to negotiation with Landlords .......... for example our Landlord wanted 90% of the average rent prices in our area and the Council agreed. In fact he ended up 50 euros better off per month than what we were paying him privately!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You dont have to be employed on the ASH scheme. I was offered the ASH and my partner and I were not employed.

You dont have to be employed on the ASH scheme. I was offered the ASH and my partner and I were not employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

MadDog76 wrote: »
    The RAS Scheme is completely different than the Ash Scheme in lots of ways ........ for example you MAY be employed and still qualify for the RAS Scheme whereas with the ASH Scheme you MUST be in employment to qualify!

Each ASH lease is slightly different and is tailored to meet the needs/requirements of individual Landlords/Tenants .......... both parties must be completely happy with the final lease agreement BEFORE anything is signed.

Also the rent can be reviewed on a yearly basis (if the Landlord wishes) in order to be in-line with the rental market prices for that year ......... the Tenants pay 10% of their take-home pay in rent regardless.

Nothing is set in stone with the ASH Scheme regarding leases, the Council are very open to negotiation with Landlords .......... for example our Landlord wanted 90% of the average rent prices in our area and the Council agreed. In fact he ended up 50 euros better off per month than what we were paying him privately!!
    None of that stuff makes the ASH scheme any different to RAS from the landlord's perspective.

fussyonion wrote: »

I believe you are cofusing the ASH Scheme with RAS Scheme ......... we qualified for the ASH Scheme as opposed to the RAS Scheme because we are employed .......... Landlords seem to be less keen (according to the Council) on the RAS Scheme as they have pre-conceived (and unfair) opinions of Tenants associated with any kind of Rent Allowance/Benefits etc. whereas with the ASH Scheme the Landlords are made aware that their Tenants are in employment which apparently makes the Landlords feel more "comfortable" accepting those Tenants.

• Advertisement

None of that stuff makes the ASH scheme any different to RAS from the landlord's perspective.

A lot of LL's feel more comfortable being able to choose their own Tenant's through the ASH Scheme and being aware that these Tenant's are properly vetted by the Council .......... speaking as a former LL myself and being friendly with lot's of LL's in Dublin.

A lot of LL's feel more comfortable being able to choose their own Tenant's through the ASH Scheme.
    RAS has this ability too. Ask me how I know!

I believe you are cofusing the ASH Scheme with RAS Scheme ......... we qualified for the ASH Scheme as opposed to the RAS Scheme because we are employed .......... Landlords seem to be less keen (according to the Council) on the RAS Scheme as they have pre-conceived (and unfair) opinions of Tenants associated with any kind of Rent Allowance/Benefits etc. whereas with the ASH Scheme the Landlords are made aware that their Tenants are in employment which apparently makes the Landlords feel more "comfortable" accepting those Tenants.

This isn't the first time you've accused me of mixing the two schemes up.
    I was offered ASH..Applicant Sourced Housing...they knew we weren't employed.
    It was never a necessity. That was 2012. Unless it's changed now. And this was for South Dublin.

This isn't the first time you've accused me of mixing the two schemes up.
    I was offered ASH..Applicant Sourced Housing...they knew we weren't employed.
    It was never a necessity. That was 2012. Unless it's changed now. And this was for South Dublin.

I am also referring to SDCC, South Dublin County Council .........

RAS has this ability too. Ask me how I know!

Not officially .........

• Advertisement

I am also referring to SDCC, South Dublin County Council .........

Well I think you're wrong, you think I'm wrong.
    I don't care really. I know what I was told.

Well I think you're wrong, you think I'm wrong.
    I don't care really. I know what I was told.

You think you're right .......... I know you're wrong having actually personally went through the process in it's entirety as opposed to just being "offered" it :rolleyes:

Not officially .........
    The signed, sealed and delivered contract I have looks official enough to me. My agreement terminates if the current tenants who I picked ever leave. I would never hand over control of choosing the tenant for a property I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 annagie

Landlord told me after negotiations with Council,he cant wait 6 weeks. Council said formalities,inspection can take 6-8 weeks. I dont have warranty after 6 weeks council or landlord changed their mind so for that i cant rent this house now. Why is so long? Im not sure now Council really want help people....

Advertisement