Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table/pub quizzes in Cork city

Options
  • 23-01-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,

Anyone know any places where I can go for some good table or pub quizzes in the city? Haven't been to one in ages!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

LOng island on wednesdays if theyre still running.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Bierhaus does one on a Monday. They also do a pitcher and a pizza deal for 20 quid. Night out sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I think Sober Lane have them on Tuesdays:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

+1 on the Sober Lane quiz! Pizza, beers and a bitta general knowledge how bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I have said this in every cork city table quiz thread since i came onto boards but **** it .

Smartphones killed the table quiz :D

I havent been to a honest table quiz in years!!

If theres an honest one people know about we should try and enter a boards.ie team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

would completly agree, now i havent gone to losta table quizzes but people who whip out the old i phone/smart phones to answer everything bug the ****e out me..Might try the bierhouse sometime sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TCnumber1

If you are still interested in attending a Table Quiz and haven't been successful since your posting in January, you might like to attend on being held this Thursday 17th May 2012 - Christian Brothers College at 8.00 pm
    Max 4 people per Table at €40 per Table
    It is in aid of Kilimanjaro Project -12 students attempting the climb in August raising funds and awareness for Crumlins Childre Hospital and Adi Roche's Chernoby Children Project.
    Bring friends and spread the word!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lokeefe

I am running a Table Quiz to raise funds for the Irish Cancer Society in Larry Tompkins at 9pm on the 13th September.

There are some great prizes for the winners of the quiz but also some fab spot prizes – smartphones, jewellery, BT, M&S, Tesco vouchers, Magazine subscriptions, tickets for Opera House & Everyman, booze, hotel stays etc…….

There will also be finger food served on the night

Look forward to seeing you there

Hi would be intersted in going to this..Whats the low down How much to enter and how many per table and all that goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lokeefe

Hi There,

The cost is €10 per person with all the funds raised will be going directly to the Irishh Cancer Society.

There is no set number per table, as I think that people will be happy to share if needs be!

The quiz starts at 9pm in Larry Tompkins and there is finger food being served also.

There are also great spot prizes

Hope to see you there & if you have any more questions please let me know

Laura

• Advertisement

Hi Laura, perfect thank you for the info try my best to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

lokeefe wrote: »
    I am running a Table Quiz to raise funds for the Irish Cancer Society in Larry Tompkins at 9pm on the 13th September.

There are some great prizes for the winners of the quiz but also some fab spot prizes – smartphones, jewellery, BT, M&S, Tesco vouchers, Magazine subscriptions, tickets for Opera House & Everyman, booze, hotel stays etc…….

There will also be finger food served on the night

Look forward to seeing you there

Can I use my Iphone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Can I use my Iphone?

you probably can, but be prepared to lose you life, i was answering a text on mine once during rounds in a quiz and nearly got the head taken off me by some random guy.

now i always turn off wifi during quizzes so i can use mine with out hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 quizzer

These Facebook & Twitter accounts announce upcoming quizzes in Cork city & county
    https://www.facebook.com/TableQuizzesInCork
    https://twitter.com/QuizzesInCork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

old thread but east village douglas every thurs night

• Registered Users Posts: 43 quizzer

quizzer wrote: »
    These Facebook & Twitter accounts announce upcoming quizzes in Cork city & county
    https://www.facebook.com/TableQuizzesInCork
    https://twitter.com/QuizzesInCork

Correction, new Facebook address is
    https://www.facebook.com/QuizzesInCork

Advertisement