Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Technology or Computer Students!

Options
  • 23-01-2012 7:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

DT211 Computing
    DT228 Computer Science
    Networking Technologies DT080 - Could you tell me are these course's good or not ? I will appreciate your answer :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I'm in first year of DT228, only got one semester under my belt so far, but I love it. Lots of people drop out of the course every year, but if you have a strong interest in computers you'll be fine.

The maths module is fairly tricky, but if you put in a bit of effort again you'll be fine. All the lecturers are friendly enough. We learn C in first year and then C++ and Java in subsequent years. No programming knowledge is assumed (wouldn't hurt to have a bit though) and we started right from the beginning.

There's a work placement in 3rd year, and from what I've read it's a well regarded course. The other modules we had were Computer Architecture, I.T. Fundamentals, Communications and Program Design.

I'm actually looking forward to going back (that should tell you something) where we'll be starting modules like Operating Systems, Web Development, Problem Solving among others. Any questions you have that are more specific I'd be glad to help. I don't know much about the other two though, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Haha enjoy Problem Solving!

I'm in 4th year in 228, like Mo said, personal interest is necessary. Dont know much about the other courses you mentioned.

Advertisement