Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certifcate of Attendance Question

Options
  • 23-01-2012 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi Guys, hoping somebody can shed a bit of light on this for me. I attended college from 1999 - 2002. However I dropped out before I recieved any qualifications. I am now hoping to apply to go back this year as a mature student. Will I need to get a certificate of attendance from my old college to post off to the CAO ? Or is it ok if I just send them off my leaving cert results, as that was technically the last exams that I completed.

Thanks in advance for replys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Page 11 of the handbook says that if you have ever attended third level you need to supply a cert of attendance:
    HIGHER EDUCATION (Attended or attending a 3rd level institution, i.e. Universities, Institutes of Technology, Colleges of Education, etc.):1.If you have ever attended a higher education institution anywhere, you MUST indicate this in the appropriate section of the application (on the paper application Form this means that you must enter YES at the bottom of Page 2). This must be done regardless of whether you passed or failed or did not take examinations. Failure to disclose this information may result in the cancellation of the application.
    2.If you have completed a course, you should include a copy of an academic transcript.
    3.If you have withdrawn from a course before completing it, you should enclose a certificate of attendance showing the relevant dates of entry and withdrawal.
    4.If you are still attending an institution of higher education give full details in Part B of the Form stating institution(s) attended, course(s) taken, dates of attendance, current status and results obtained. You do not need to supply the documentation mentioned in 3 above.11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Page 11 of the handbook says that if you have ever attended third level you need to supply a cert of attendance:

Thank you very much :) Must pop into them tomorrow and arrange to get one from them.

CountryJoe wrote: »
    Thank you very much :) Must pop into them tomorrow and arrange to get one from them.

You're welcome

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beirne83

Hi I am also in the process of applying to CAO at the moment. I completed 2 years of a 4 year degree in DCU 2002-2004. I have included certificates of exams results for those years, but I don't recall ever getting a letter of withdrawl when I dropped out. Any ideas on what I should do??

Cheers
    beirne

beirne83 wrote: »
    Hi I am also in the process of applying to CAO at the moment. I completed 2 years of a 4 year degree in DCU 2002-2004. I have included certificates of exams results for those years, but I don't recall ever getting a letter of withdrawl when I dropped out. Any ideas on what I should do??

Cheers
    beirne

Contact the college and tell them what course you were doing, when you started and when you left. It would help if you had your old student number. They should be able to sort you out. I'd get in touch with them quickly as there might be a delay in getting the actual cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 beirne83

Just onto DCU and they are sending the Cert of attendance out this evening :).
    Thanks a million Paperclip

Beirne

Advertisement