Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Door Slamming , How to Solve?

• 23-01-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Ok so my house mate works night shift and she seems to not know how to close the door with manners. Despite telling her how... it does not sink in. The whole house rattles in fact i dont know how the glass is not cracked in the door. I have been thinking a draught excluder strip but wondering if there is something that might be a bit better. Also easy on the eyes as its a front door after all

http://www.diytools.co.uk/house-home/door-furniture/door-closers.html Will look awful i think thi is more industrial?

Any had this problem and how did you solve?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,675 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

does she slam the door deliberately, or is it caught in some kind of draught that slams it?

if going for one of those self closing mechanisms, make sure it has delayed action soft closing or it will take a childs fingers off. The concealed chain type in the door fame are deadly for this.

perhaps a product more along this lines of this would suit
    DICTATOR door check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

sydthebeat wrote: »
    does she slam the door deliberately, or is it caught in some kind of draught that slams it?

if going for one of those self closing mechanisms, make sure it has delayed action soft closing or it will take a childs fingers off. The concealed chain type in the door fame are deadly for this.

perhaps a product more along this lines of this would suit
    DICTATOR door check

Absolutly no draught seems to be just doing it to do it. Totally uncalled for and have politly requested she goes a bit lighter on it but never does. Can you retrofit the door chain concealed type to an existing door syd?

Advertisement