Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting increasingly p*ssed off with Groupon

Options
  • 23-01-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I ordered one of these Magic Wine Bottle Holders via Groupon in early December. The advert said "Allow up to 7 working days for delivery", when it had not arrived in early January I mailed the seller asking what was happening and received no response.

So, I wrote to Groupon around Jan 13th looking for a refund and after 5 days they responded telling that in order to get a refund I would need to:
    1) provide the order reference number supplied to you when you redeemed your Groupon,
    2) provide a delivery address,
    3) provide a primary contact telephone number for yourself and............
    4) provide the date in which you redeemed your voucher,
    5) and also contact the partner in order to cancel your order with them,
    6) Then once all this has been done, forward the partner's confirmation of
    cancellation onto Groupon.
    - then, and only then would they submit your refund request. :mad:

I told them that this was not reasonable and I would not be doing this and wanted an immediate refund. They have refused this until I carry out their instructions. I have now advised them that I will be going the Small Claims Court route.

As someone who has used Groupon and most of the other discount providers for teh last 2-3 years I have to say that this experience is particularly annoying and I'm just wondering if Groupon are becoming increasingly arrogant in dealing with their customers?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

do as they say and you will get the refund.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

eh "when it had not arrived in early January I mailed the seller asking what was happening and received no response. " - about 3 weeks later I have still received no response, so therefore I cannot comply with:

5) and also contact the partner in order to cancel your order with them,
    6) Then once all this has been done, forward the partner's confirmation of
    cancellation onto Groupon.

In any event, isn't my contract with Groupon? If so surely they onus is on them to provide a refund if the terms are not being delivered as per the ad? What happens if the vendor never responds, do that mean that groupon NEVER have to pay a refund?

To be honest it smells of Ryanair to me ie. make it as difficult as possible to get a refund.

Roy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

ring the bank and request chargeback. my money was back in one day

Advertisement