Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playground in Navan??

Options
  • 23-01-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there is a decent playground around Navan? Haven't been living here that long and can't seem to locate one!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Behind Patricks Terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Down the end of Canon Row (behind credit union), past a petrol station, turn left at the roundabout, up the hill (a few yards) in to the right.

No others, I don't think. There really should be more.

I haven't found any parks yet. No ducks to feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sineadc1984

Thanks for that will check it out tomorrow i think. No haven't seen any park yet either apart from Rathbeggan lakes but thats a bit of a trek just to feed the ducks!! Brough my little one and all she wanted to do was get in with the ducks!!! I'm surprised Navan being a big enough town that there aren't any more playgrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Navan in general is a disgrace when it comes to amenities of any kind compared to any other close town or village.
    Navan town council can't Blame the recession or lack of funding because they should have seen it coming with navan expanding so quickly and that was before the recession or any government cutbacks.
    Should have been compulsory for every new estate to have its own playground, size based on number of houses. it really should have been in the terms of planning permission with navan TC and the developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Hopefully this will be done before the 2012 is out...

Work set to commence on Navan park catering for town and county

(should have been done years ago though!) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

There is not a lot of information available online about the park, I'm looking forward to it being open at least it should nice to bring the kids to for a run around.

I also put in a request to meath coco to update the information on their site about the park and at least include a proposed map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Not exactly a playground but when I lived in Navan I used to bring my son to Dalgan Park on the Dublin Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Furp wrote: »
    There is not a lot of information available online about the park, I'm looking forward to it being open at least it should nice to bring the kids to for a run around.

I also put in a request to meath coco to update the information on their site about the park and at least include a proposed map.

The thing about the park for me is, do we really need a very expensive "super" park with GAA pitches etc?

I think not and the money is a waste when a few smaller parks with some swings and a jogging track would be a better investment.

For me a bowling green (??!!) etc is a waste of money

Advertisement