Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV becomes faulty after two years, any recourse?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Sorry, just didn't think the brand or shop name was relevant to the question. I'll be sure to provide them when this is resolved.
    :rolleyes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZJ5C8q7X29BsFQuSCAFpu-EAawJJ_vodYtd3X9KYuzGBN9b4bGQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Sorry, just didn't think the brand or shop name was relevant to the question. I'll be sure to provide them when this is resolved.

Baffles me how you'd think providing brand would somehow stymie the process of seeking redress. The retailer itself is another matter.

Your prerogative though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

to be fair we had a 32inch Samsung given to me as a present 4 years ago,

about 6 months ago my two year old gave it a good thump (she often did hit it) but this time the screen blacked out we could still hear the sounds, i brought it to a repair centre (it wasn't bought in a retail outlet here), who manage to repair it for €100, when we got home it had one black line down the screen, this slowly developed into two black lines, then three....etc

i brought it back in and when i explained what had happened i was told it would cost twice the amount of the tv to replace it like the op the whole screen would need to be replaced, he did mention it was a common problem he had seen with samsung's, but i felt in my case it may have been coincidental but ultimately it was my two year old at fault. surely due to this op though you would have more of a comeback because you are dealing with a retail unit here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

This has absolutelly no bearing on the matter.

Also, one TV going faulty does not mean all that brand are poor quality. :rolleyes:

What's with the eyes to heaven? I asked a straightforward question. I never said that I would assume anything. I just happened to be in the market for a TV and was interested as I was checking out a number of brands and types.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Just to update.Shop has agreed to replace the tv. It was an lg and shop was powercity. A bit stubborn but got there in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement