Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back to Oranmore after a night out in Galway

Options
  • 23-01-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering what's the cheapest way to get back to Oranmore after a night out in Galway? Are there private buses and if so where do they leave Galway from? Or if taxi is the way to go do you use a hackney company or is it the same price to hail a taxi? Just new to the area so any help would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

You'd be best posting this in the city forum, what you're looking for is a fixed price cab company. You'd be robbed in a metered taxi, well if you're on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tiramisu

I have often used Citylink commuter service. It's handy if you live in or within walking distance of Oranmore village. Leaves Galway at 1am. I don't know if you have to book in advance, it used to be quite busy.

http://www.citylink.ie/index.php/routes-a-timetables/timetables/98

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Oran cabs are usually €15 from oranmore into galway, i've haven't called them in the late hours to head back the other way yet though, expect to pay €20 getting a random taxi off the street from the city back out. Found it easier, or just not really thinking, falling into the first free taxi rather than wait for oran cabs the few nights i've been out so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lady Drive

FRom where to where exactly??? a little more detail and I could give you a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I don't know if Farrell's nightlink buses to Athenry stop into Oranmore or not. But you could ask them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Lady Drive wrote: »
    FRom where to where exactly??? a little more detail and I could give you a better idea.

Say from eyre square to the bog road in Oranmore

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

When I was staying in oranmore last year on a night out. got a taxi from around eyre square. got a taxi off the street back to oranmore hotel. if I remember the taxi was about 18-20. it was no more than 20

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

detoxkid wrote: »

Say from eyre square to the bog road in Oranmore

Just an option, but you'd walk/jog that handy enough... Used to be the done thing!

Lenny wrote: »
    When I was staying in oranmore last year on a night out. got a taxi from around eyre square. got a taxi off the street back to oranmore hotel. if I remember the taxi was about 18-20. it was no more than 20

That's grand!

Just an option, but you'd walk/jog that handy enough... Used to be the done thing!

Hmmm not in my heals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

detoxkid wrote: »

Hmmm not in my heals!
    Runners in handbag?!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GKiraly

when i lived in roscam i often walked home, took a bit of time but then again whats the rush at that hour of the night, well i know, that can depend on company i suppose! but like i said if you're in no rush and cheap is your preference then walk / run / crawl

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I dunno lads, it's not a walking route I'd be suggesting to a woman at that hour of the night. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

We used to get taxis to and from Clarinbridge for nights out and it was usually €20-25, not too bad if you have 3/4 people in the car.

Advertisement