Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Club 2012 Schedule and List of Recipes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm not sure having a posting history in Food and Drink (or C&R) is indicative of the likelihood of someone turning up. As has been said, a few dropouts are unavoidable due to real life circumstances. Not sure about the rest, a bit baffling, but the club seems to come up with the goods each year, so onwards and upwards and we'll see what the rest of 2012 brings us. :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Jaysus I'm not used to being on early in the year :eek:. I just came into this thread to check who was due to post a recipe tomorrow! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Faith wrote: »
    Jaysus I'm not used to being on early in the year :eek:. I just came into this thread to check who was due to post a recipe tomorrow! :o

I can't believe these people *rabble rabble* come along and say they'll post a recipe *rabble rabble* don't even turn up *rabble rabble*

rolleyes rolleyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i am completely new to this forum (i will admit that) i didn't know it was here :o but i love this idea. i presume it works by when it is your turn you throw up a recipe for something you love to cook. i am off to look at the ones posted for this year so far.

but i'd be well up for being a stand-by this year if ya want me. i LOVE to cook. i am the only one in our house that does, and will be going back to college in sept (deferred for a year) to study culinary arts :D

whatever you think though obvs, don't want to tread on anyones toes

Sure, we'll keep you in mind if anyone drops out :). It's usually pretty short notice though!

• Advertisement

Sure, we'll keep you in mind if anyone drops out :). It's usually pretty short notice though!

sall good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Speaking of which week 15 was never posted

Mellor wrote: »
    Speaking of which week 15 was never posted

Oh yeah, that escaped my attention. Well, Sharrow received a PM a few weeks ago reminding her of her upcoming week, so let's hope she's just had a busy week and will post soon. I'll PM her again tomorrow if it's not up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭No_Regrets

Hi all,

I'm completely new to this but think it sounds great too and have had a look through the charter, new rules and some yummy recipes!!

I'm sure there's only a very slim chance but I'd be very interested in posting a recipe too if/when necessary :-)

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Would love to post again if any spots open up through out the year.

• Advertisement

Chong wrote: »
    Would love to post again if any spots open up through out the year.

By all means, prepare a recipe. We have a couple of stand-ins ready to go, should we need them, but we always welcome more. If/when you have a recipe ready to go, then send me a PM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I've decided what I'm cooking for mine and I'm getting excited. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Might be a delay for tomorrow - my bloody SD card doesn't want to talk to my PC! :mad:

Folks, I'm assured that last weeks recipe is coming, it's just delayed.

A space has opened up for the 14th of September. If anyone is interested in filling this spot, please PM me. Otherwise, we'll do one of our stand-ins.

That reminds me - quite a few of you promised to put up back up recipes and never did. Can you all PM me too if you'll still do it?

I sent it a couple times but I don't think it sent and then I wasn't on much with the mammy's broken arm :( I'll fire it again after dinner or in the morning latest.

hdowney wrote: »
    I sent it a couple times but I don't think it sent and then I wasn't on much with the mammy's broken arm :( I'll fire it again after dinner or in the morning latest.

Yeah, I never got it :). You can just post it up as a new thread, with the title "Cooking Club Stand In". Then report the post and we'll delete it until it's needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Just an update: this week's recipe (from me) will be up around Sunday morning your time. It's a bit of a two parter and basically I need to do half today and half tomorrow, which I forgot about. Apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Sounds intriguing! :pac:

Ok there is something wrong with my computer when I try to type the recipe out :( I am going to give it another go during the week, hopefully actually making said dish so their could be pictures. Darn you computer darn you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Posted, and I justabout give up trying to post normal sized pictures - resized through photobucket, still coming up hooge.

Look normal enough size to me, in the thread.

They're fine to me too, but some of them weren't displaying properly so I fixed them :)

A space has opened up for the 14th of September. If anyone is interested in filling this spot, please PM me. Otherwise, we'll do one of our stand-ins.

That reminds me - quite a few of you promised to put up back up recipes and never did. Can you all PM me too if you'll still do it?

This seemed to fall on deaf ears (apart from hdowney - you can just PM me your recipe and I'll post it, if you like). If you have previously PM'd me saying you have a recipe you'll submit as a stand in, and haven't followed through, can you please either complete the recipe and let me know ASAP, or PM me and let me know that you'll no longer be providing a recipe. Thanks.

This seemed to fall on deaf ears (apart from hdowney - you can just PM me your recipe and I'll post it, if you like). If you have previously PM'd me saying you have a recipe you'll submit as a stand in, and haven't followed through, can you please either complete the recipe and let me know ASAP, or PM me and let me know that you'll no longer be providing a recipe. Thanks.

I don't know what has been going on with my computer lately. Yep I will PM you the recipe today :D No pictures tho unfortch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Oh crap, were we supposed to PM you the recipes in advance of the time, or is this just the extra stand-in ones? I made mine ages ago (I get excited about CC recipes :o) and took photos and everything so I can compile and have ready to go for the date if you need it.

Just stuck up Week 39. Sorry for the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Week 40 has just gone up folks. Hope you enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Just posted Week 43! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Have we fallen at the second to last fence?

Advertisement