Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Review Wexford Hypnosis

Options
  • 23-01-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I've heard good things about the reviews here and also that posting here helps with the SEO. I have this site running 1 month, www.wexfordhypnosis.ie

My idea was to keep it simple, clean and to the point. I have left the price of the service off on purpose to promote more interaction. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    I recently changed from a black and white banner to a colour one after a friend suggested that the black and white was not very positive and on reflection this was true.

Many thanks,
    Trig.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Pretty good Wordpress site. Very clean crisp. After looking through a few pages I felt a little blinded by the whiteness though. Just increasing the size of your borders by a pixel may be sufficient.

Seemed a pithy that you had to stretch the images on your home page.

Also, no Hypno Toad? Opportunity missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

You will be glad to know that your post and weblink is now on page 1 of google for those searching for "hypnosis websites" in Ireland.

Images are stretched, which does detract a little. You also may suffer a bit with SEO due to the limited key word rich text. You may want to insert a blog page so that google sees that your adding content regularly.

Overall it looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

agree with the above posts, about the size of the images they are very stretched but the rest of the site looks pretty good nice layout and it does what it says. I agree with the above post that its very white and in your face as a result maybe a background color behind the content would be better like a border as such and then the inside behind the content left as white, also the font colour is a little too light because of the whiteness I think something closer to black text or a darker grey would be better, you need to think of access nowadays and those who may not have the best eyesight could struggle.

Have you checked the site on validator to make sure its free from errors, if not try http://validator.w3.org/ see if that helps.

Nice site though well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Thanks folks for the feedback and Thomas for the link, much appreciated.

I never thought of the image being stretched, I was just suiting the wordpress template rather than suiting the picture sizes so I'll see where I can change that.

I went to change the background there and it reminded me of a commodore 64 loading screen, all blue on the outside and the content in the middle. gonna have to take a couple of hours to change that properly.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Trig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Lose the splash page, it ddoesn't do much at all.

Services:
    Grey text is poor for readability, make it darker with more contrast. Contrast is good.

Use some snappier text before the big long blocks of text (too much of that on the site). Format as: problem, solution, call-to-action.

On the Anxiety & Phobia page this image http://www.wexfordhypnosis.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/phobia1-199x300.jpg is being resized using the height and width attributes. This is bad practice and makes the image look poor. Resize in your graphics editor to the actual end display size. It is also done with many other images throughout the site.

The pages' content could work better with some of the other content eg. put the relevant testimonial success story video on a service page.

Virtual Gastric Band has before and after photos, which are badly oversized (1224x1632 and 2002x2728 when max height should be 800px). The 2 images could be in a gallery plugin with nav arrows for better comparison.

I wouldn't use the impossible image on About Us as when read it too often gets transferred to the brain as 'impossible' (neuro-linguistic thing).

Social media coul be used more throught the site.

404 page could be better with a list of links as well as the the regular nav.

Where's your postal address.

Prices, prices, prices... are too important a piece of purchase decision information to be omitted. Makes me and others look elsewhere first.

Photos of the premises could be a good idea.

• Advertisement

Thanks tricky for the detailed breakdown. to be honest it was stingy reading that but it's not about what I like at the end of the day. Gonna take a good bit of what you said there and get to work, thanks again

trig

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fokebox

Looks very attrective with nice colors that seems to me attractiive. Structure is simple with some easy navigation. May be I would make the imege changable at the center!

Hi folks,

Finally made some time to update the site, the banner is gone and I've replaced it with a video of my ugly mug. The idea is to introduce myself and explain what hypnosis is. Any feedback on the look of the homepage and the videos throughout the site would be great, be as HONEST as you WANT!!

Thanks
    Rory.

Advertisement