Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College course...Business or Commerce??

• 23-01-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm sure a few people are probably wondering the same thing or have asked a similar question but I'm looking at a number of courses:
    Commerce and Commerce International(both NUIG and UCD)
    &
    Business and Business+German(both UL and DCU)

Just wondering can anyone explain to me what exactly are the main differences in these courses? I don't really see what is too different between commerce and business. I assume the language being added in helps when looking for jobs, but would it really make that much of a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Oliver_Ahern

Hi,
    I completed commerce in NUIG, I didn't do a language, looking back now I probably should have. The ones that did had a great year away mastering their language, and have that little advantage on their CV.

I also looked at going to UL for their business programme, there is no difference in commerce/business apart from the name, look at the prospectus, they outline what you will be doing during the course.

As I said, I didn't do a language, and my jobs prospects are looking good, due to marketing and an IT Masters, but a language would give you the opp to travel and find a job!!

TBH it is your decision, if you are good at and like a language then you can take modules in it. Have a look at what each college offers, which one suits you nest should pop out at you..

Advertisement