Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Estate

• 23-01-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭

BBC1 now! Fly-on-the-wall thing following the residents of an estate in Kowlraine :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '25 - Orbital, Supergrass

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Aw crap I missed it for flip sake. What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

owenc wrote: »
    Aw crap I missed it for flip sake. What happened?

It started at 10:35...two minutes after you posted! Catch it on the iPlayer. It's following a few people from Ballysally in Coleraine. A nice cross-section of the community is represented - an unemployed mother of five who's fifteen year old daughter can't be bothered going to school and would rather lie at home and text all day, an alcoholic who is trying to turn his life around, a night shift worker and his wife who's a teaching assistant and their two kids, one of whom has spina bifida...

It's all a bit :eek: and :( really.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Awk rite ballysally LOL. I seen it advertised but totally forgot about it watching big brother. The people look likes creeps I have to say and they obviously don't care. I night look at it again when it's next on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Car crash TV to make you feel that your own life isn't so bad after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Gutted I missed it so! Were they at least likeable people or the kind you'd rather not watch on telly at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The latter :(

It's not a whole series is it? Tell me it's a one-off!

pow wow wrote: »
    It's not a whole series is it? Tell me it's a one-off!

A whole series. Everyone at work was talking about it today...

Don't like that show. It's giving us a bad image. There's estates alot worse in Belfast and Derry. They shouldve went there. Most estates are not like that infect I don't know anyone like that. Everyone is very angry at it as it's embarrassing. Idk why they did the show on us. It's making coleraine look like one of those towns full of council estates and drunks when it's not dare I say there's worse estates in limavady than that.

Don't like that show. It's giving us a bad image. There's estates alot worse in Belfast and Derry. They shouldve went there. Most estates are not like that infect I don't know anyone like that. Everyone is very angry at it as it's embarrassing. Idk why they did the show on us. It's making coleraine look like one of those towns full of council estates and drunks when it's not dare I say there's worse estates in limavady than that.

There are worse estates in lots of towns around the country...and there are also better estates. Why Coleraine? I've no idea.

• Advertisement

Yes i would like to know. As that is disgraceful.

As that is disgraceful.

What is? :confused:

The people obviously consented to being in the show though, maybe they had to apply as a group even? There doesn't seem to be much online about how they were selected, just that according to the Newsletter some of the nicer elements of the estate refused to participate.

pow wow wrote: »
    The people obviously consented to being in the show though, maybe they had to apply as a group even? There doesn't seem to be much online about how they were selected, just that according to the Newsletter some of the nicer elements of the estate refused to participate.

So what. The matter still is, that there are far worse estates in belfast. And they decide to come here. That is disrespectful. And i wonder why that is? ;) They're all scumbags.

So what. The matter still is, that there are far worse estates in belfast. And they decide to come here. That is disrespectful.

Disrespectful to who?
    And i wonder why that is? wink.gif They're all scumbags.

Why the 'winky' smilie? Who are 'scumbags'...the people of Ballysally or the producers of the show? :confused:

So what. The matter still is, that there are far worse estates in belfast. And they decide to come here. That is disrespectful. And i wonder why that is? ;) They're all scumbags.
    owenc if you are going to make wild sweeping statements then you had better be prepared to stand over them. I asked you in another thread to explain your comments and you refused. I am asking you now to explain what you mean with the comments above. You appear to have a very large chip on your shoulder and perhaps you should consider getting rid of it before it weighs you down.

Oh and this is me with mod hat on so if you arent prepared to answer then you may kiss good bye to this thread and perhaps the forum as quite frankly Im getting a little tired of your sniping and trolling comments.

"trolling" excuse me!? If you must know I was referring to the people in the programme. And before you ban me I know a little bit about them.

And the "scumbags" are who?

The first episode is repeated tonight on BBC2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

Saw this for the first time last night. I felt sorry for the people with the disabled daughter who were trying to sell their house. The others were stomach turning leeches. It ws nausiating to see that the chav boy had been given a house to party in. Also the alcoholic had too much handed to him. As for the chav girl who couldn't be bothered to do anything other than text and facebook, she really was a waste of space.

I go to Coleraine (Ballykelly) sometimes but I have never noticed estates like this one before...

• Advertisement

Saw this for the first time last night.

I missed it - forgot all about it. I'll watch the repeat later this week.
    I go to Coleraine (Ballykelly) sometimes but I have never noticed estates like this one before...

Ballykelly isn't Coleraine though. The 'estate' in question is Ballysally - it's quite a large estate that stretches from the Bushmills Road across to the Portrush Road to the north of Coleraine.

The article about the show was on the front page of one of the Coleraine papers during the week - it's getting very high viewing figures. I can see why :D

Advertisement