Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authenticating with server in Java

Options
  • 23-01-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

I'm having a bit of trouble getting authenticated to a server over HTTPS.

here is the error I get:
    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.g: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is:
    java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by CN=XXX Internal Root CA, O=XXX Corporation, C=US is not trusted; internal cause is:
    java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error

When I visit the site in my browser, it pops up a login box. But if I cancel that, theres also a form. I'm guessing it may be stopping at whatever prompts the first login box to pop up. Either that or my code is way off!

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting that "Certificate chaining error", and point me in the direction of some actual working code samples?

Cheers.

Comments

Advertisement