Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet access ?

Options
  • 23-01-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey ,I just recently got a new Toshiba Satellite C650-191 notebook for Christmas and it's been working fine up until around a week ago . I noticed that whenever I shut it down into standby-mode and then open it up again that I don't have any internet access . What I usually do is just disconnect from the network then reconnect after 10 seconds or so but all day today it's been cutting out at random times and I have no clue what the problem is ,I just keep seeing that little small yellow triangle over my signal bar from time to time then it just says 'No internet access' . It also says that I have an 'Excellent' signal aswell . There are 2 other laptops in the house along with a desktop family computer and none of them are getting this problem.

Anyone know what's wrong ?
    Appreciate any help at all .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

could be your ant-virus - check out your AV real time scan settings.

I have McAfee which sometimes does the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ColinBassGuy

legrand wrote: »
    could be your ant-virus - check out your AV real time scan settings.

I have McAfee which sometimes does the same.

I tried that aswell ,I had a 30-day free McAfee trial and I read somewhere that that could be the problem so I un-installed it and downloaded AVG but I still have the problem

Thanks for replying so quick !

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Have u tried turning it off and on again..?

Akarinn wrote: »
    Have u tried turning it off and on again..?

Turn which off ? I've tried the modem but it didn't do anything and restarting the laptop does the same thing as disconnecting from the network

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

Hey ,I just recently got a new Toshiba Satellite C650-191 notebook for Christmas and it's been working fine up until around a week ago . I noticed that whenever I shut it down into standby-mode and then open it up again that I don't have any internet access . What I usually do is just disconnect from the network then reconnect after 10 seconds or so but all day today it's been cutting out at random times and I have no clue what the problem is ,I just keep seeing that little small yellow triangle over my signal bar from time to time then it just says 'No internet access' . It also says that I have an 'Excellent' signal aswell . There are 2 other laptops in the house along with a desktop family computer and none of them are getting this problem.

Anyone know what's wrong ?
    Appreciate any help at all .

Any solution yet?

If not try the following:
    1. Go into network and sharing center (right click connection in task bar)
    2. Click on Change adaptor settings
    3. Right click on wireless connection and the properties
    4. Click on TCP-IV4 and then properties
    5. Check here if obtain IP address is set to automatic and likewise for the DNS settings.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement

Any solution yet?

If not try the following:
    1. Go into network and sharing center (right click connection in task bar)
    2. Click on Change adaptor settings
    3. Right click on wireless connection and the properties
    4. Click on TCP-IV4 and then properties
    5. Check here if obtain IP address is set to automatic and likewise for the DNS settings.

Hope this helps

Ya my problems gone now :) Thanks for your help anyway . To fix it I uninstalled a program called Hamachi as it acts as a second network which seemed to share some of the signal from my modem and after that I went into CMD and did the 'ipconfig /release' commands then did the other one which I cant remember :L and it worked fine after that ,no problem since ! :D

Advertisement