Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gareth Bale

Options
  • 23-01-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Best player we have had at spurs for a long time. If we contest the title race and continue to do so in the next couple of years, he might stay, if not, real and barca will be all over him.

What do you think of this piece ?

http://harry-hotspur.com/2012/01/gareth-bale-the-ego-has-landed/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I personally think that it's inevitable that he leaves eventually. His career is only going in one direction and that's upwards, he's only 21 and going to get better and better.

I was listening to Martin Lipton on Sunday (Spurs fan and Journalist) and he reckons he will leave in the Summer of 2013 and will probably go to Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Spurs will get a fortune for him though. There is of course always a small chance that he'll stay but very unlikely imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

I think there's an element of truth and an element of venting after the result on Sunday.

Modric is more important to the team than Bale and sadly after Kings performance (my all time favourite Spurs player) I think Kaboul is becoming even more important.

Bale as a prefessional footballer will realise that if there are 2 players marking him, that means there is space elsewhere for Luka, VDV etc to exploit. I suspect the quotes are loaded to some degree. He seems a decent enough guy, pretty genuine, but I expect if you're asked about what you do, you answer in the singular, easy enough to make it sound egocentric.
    He is certainly much more effective wide left than he is on the right or coming centrally, I have more of an issue with the recent fad of swapping him & Lennon which is clearly a management decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    What do you think of this piece?

Absolute trash. Usually a decent blog but that is ridiculous. Bale has the potential to be twice as dangerous through the middle than down the wing. If only BAE could cross the ball...

Advertisement