Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

....Paris

• 24-01-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Ok, I trawled 10 pages back and found no mention of Paris so hopefully this isn't done to death!

I was last in Paris when I was about 13 or so, so have seen all the touristy stuff, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur (my favourite!), etc... I am spending 4 full days there next month so I'm looking for some suggestions for some cool bars (one ultra posh one if poss just for the pure indulgence!!), good restaurants (I'm sure there's loads!). I considered Moulin Rouge but still trying to weigh up if I can justify the expense.
    Any good "off the beaten" track places to check out? Some ultra trendy things to do??

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Would be interested in this too! Heading there tomorrow for the weekend.

Any nice restraunts for around 40-50 a head ye can recommend?

I'll prob try to go to more off the beaten track places too, but wont mind visiting the tourist spots!
    As its -10 in paris at the moment, I cant wait to go up the eiffel tower!! :-) I'm a sucker for punishment like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baker59

There are nice restaurants around Saint Michel, can't remember names. When you are looking at the fountain, walk to the right of it. Saint Michel is pretty touristy but it's nice... which is why tourists go there...! Au Pied du Cochon in Les Halles has a reputation as a high class restaurant but I've also heard the reputation exceeds the standard.
    Or over near Trocadero there are some nice places if you are visiting the eiffel tower. There is a restaurant on the 2nd floor of the eiffel tower too.

Cool bars, I like the Mad Maker which is the first or 2nd left after the Sarbonne if St Michel is behind you. Don't expect an Irish night life in Paris, it's not really there. But there are plenty of ex-pat bars around.

Cool thing to do.... catacombs!!! best thing I've done as a tourist in paris.
    One thing I haven't done but it's on the to-do list is the sewers. Sounds manky but interesting.
    http://en.parismuseumpass.com/musee-musee-des-egouts-de-paris-23.htm

Advertisement