Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rappers?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

So you can not name any artist and you can not name who they are imitating but they are imitating someone somehow?

That is the worst and most generic argument ever.

Are you one of those people who only listens to rap from the Bronx? or Drake.
    C'mon Connor are you this desperate to win an argument, your gonna try and argue Irish rappers are completely original, is that what your saying?

Hatred wrote: »
    Lads relax... When making music, which these guys do, it's not about copying. They MAY take influences' from others but their sound is their own and has been developed from years.

Saying that ALL irish hip hop sounds the same is frankly a lie. First off all sons phonetic's accents are distictly different from a more dublin sounding G.I. or Costello or even Lethal Dialect. The beats are made by different producers and as a producer myself I know that each persons style or sound preference is different.

Saying everyone sounds alike is like saying Beethoven sounds like Mozart.
    Again, forget accents, listen to the flow, technique, thats what I'm talking about, of course the accents are gonna be different.
    Seriously, no disrespect intended but do people genuinely dumb down.
    What I'm saying is fact, why confuse the situation, why defend something that is so obvious, really don't get you guys sometimes.

this developing bromance is cute lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

3 more posts and you have given no examples. We have given examples because we actually have listened to IHH which you have clearly not.

If your point of view is so obvious why can you not give one solid example? Even one.

Here I will even make it easier, see the thread below this about the nu-centz and lupe song? Explain who nu-centz sounds like in that song or any other song you want.

Also nu-centz being one of many many Dublin rappers not to mention rappers from everywhere else in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Again, forget accents, listen to the flow, technique, thats what I'm talking about, of course the accents are gonna be different.
    Seriously, no disrespect intended but do people genuinely dumb down.
    What I'm saying is fact, why confuse the situation, why defend something that is so obvious, really don't get you guys sometimes.

Basically I feel when people start using all those words it's just them showing the rest of us how well informed they are.
    It's kind of like, look at me using all these words like technique, delivery, flow, content.
    Aren't I clever, Im really into hip hop, probably more so than everyone else.
    you wrote these exact words, in desperation to win an argument you're actually contradicting yourself, that's sad.

you're wrong, no two artists are the same, they all bring something different to the genre and it's simple as that but you can't accept it.

3 more posts and you have given no examples. We have given examples because we actually have listened to IHH which you have clearly not.

If your point of view is so obvious why can you not give one solid example? Even one.

Here I will even make it easier, see the thread below this about the nu-centz and lupe song? Explain who nu-centz sounds like in that song or any other song you want.

Also nu-centz being one of many many Dublin rappers not to mention rappers from everywhere else in Ireland.
    It's the worst argument ever, if you don't give examples what you are saying is not true.
    Every ihh artist sounds like someone else, their rap patterns, how they flow, it all sounds familiar.
    If you don't believe that to be the case just say so, do not avoid the obvius, and do not assume you're the king of hip hop knowledge either, it's childish.

You are making the claim, I have already given examples as have others.

You have given no examples, because you can not find any examples to back up your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭anishboi

Nearly every single rapper in the world would have been influenced by another rapper in at least one form or another, unless you take the most original bands from the 80s onwards, like NWA or Wu Tang clan. Since the formation of these highly influential original bands, every other rapper will have taken bits and pieces out of their styles and passed them on.

Even Wu-tang and NWA took influences from earlier hip-hop acts and non hip-hop acts too.

• Advertisement

You are making the claim, I have already given examples as have others.

You have given no examples, because you can not find any examples to back up your point.
    You have given no examples, I have claimed every Irish rappers flow, technique, rhyme pattern, wharever has been influenced by someone else, I have claimed Ihh is not original.
    You have simply stated Dublin rappers do not sound like country rappers.
    Nobody has categorily stated that ihh is original, because no one is stupid enough to say so.

Don't be fooled into thinking your making sense just because your new best mate is high fiveing you every time you post.

If it is so obvious that all IHH sounds similar then give me any example, go on even one example will do.

I have not said it is 100% original much like nothing is 100% original.

It is not original, that's the be all and end all, you've all but admitted that yourself.
    Your desperate want for examples is a poor attempt to bow out with a tiny bit of self esteem.

btw your one man fan club is an over sensitive 14 year old, bit foolish letting him egg you on as he has.

It is not original, that's the be all and end all, you've all but admitted that yourself.
    Your desperate want for examples is a poor attempt to bow out with a tiny bit of self esteem.

btw your one man fan club is an over sensitive 14 year old, bit foolish letting him egg you on as he has.

<snip>....</snip>

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mod note: 2 users infracted so far on this thread. Leave out the trolling, insults and general handbags. If it continues the thread will be closed and bans will be issued.

Give me a ****ing break, second time now I've got an infraction off boom bap for nothing.
    Say what you want but I am not spamming, ****ing ridiculous modding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Give me a ****ing break, second time now I've got an infraction off boom bap for nothing.
    Say what you want but I am not spamming, ****ing ridiculous modding.

We could have done this by PM. You have added nothing of value to the topic of this thread since post #41 that I can see.
    You have are bringing other posters 'thanking' habits into discussion for no reason.
    Completely off topic comments such as
    this developing bromance is cute lol.

You refer to someone else opinion as being
    ridiculously stupid

You refer to another poster as
    an over sensitive 14 year old

Are you getting closer to understanding why you have been infracted?
    You are very lucky not to be banned.

If you want to continue this, take it to PM.

Trolling means posting with the intent of ruining a thread, that's not my intent, I am not trolling.
    Myself and conor often have these discussions, both often say things, both always resolve things, you know, like adults.

This is the second time you have jumped the gun/gotten the wrong end of the stick with me In a month.

Oh and whether we do it here or pm is irrelevant, your right either way.

Cheers.

Just noticed the ban threat, go ahead ban me, you know your dying to.

I think you would not have been infracted if you did not needlessly insult another poster.

Also how about any example for your claim IHH acts all are derivative?

I think you would not have been infracted if you did not needlessly insult another poster.

Also how about any example for your claim IHH acts all are derivative?
    Who did I insult?

• Advertisement

Trolling means posting with the intent of ruining a thread, that's not my intent, I am not trolling.
    Yes you are, since post #41
    Myself and conor often have these discussions, both often say things, both always resolve things, you know, like adults.
    And I've told you before, other people read this forum, it's not just the Hugh Cream and who ever else discussion board.
    This is a public forum where other people may not understand your dynamic with other posters. If you want to have a private discussion with another poster, use PMs.
    This is the second time you have jumped the gun/gotten the wrong end of the stick with me In a month.
    No, this is the second time you believe that.
    Oh and whether we do it here or pm is irrelevant, your right either way.

Cheers.
    Yes, I am right.

Just noticed the ban threat, go ahead ban me, you know your dying to.
    Who did I insult?

You are continuing to ignore the mode note, here it is again:
    Mod note: 2 users infracted so far on this thread. Leave out the trolling, insults and general handbags. If it continues the thread will be closed and bans will be issued.

So take whatever else you want to say to PM.

@conor.hogan2. - This also goes for you

I am not trolling.
    Other people view this forum and can watch YouTube videos with any sort of content they want, but the discussion is a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭anishboi

It's funny cos I started this thread :)

anishboi wrote: »
    It's funny cos I started this thread :)

That's not funny......

Thread closed because it is way off topic now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement